What's wrong with the alma?

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
I started a thread a long time ago asking for reasons not to buy an alma. And until now, I still haven't bought it. Something about it is just not right. I love vernis but can't fall in love with the alma. What's wrong? I've tried it on at the store five times!!

What other vernis can I get? My collection lacks one n I love vernis. How about wilshire mm? Am I nuts to get that over the alma? It's shoulder carry and I'll use it more. It's bigger too.

What should I do?

To me alma is DIVINE!! I can't imagine getting a wilshire over it...but then again that's just me and I LOVE the shape and elegance of Alma. Brea comes close. And it does come with a strap if you prefer to carry on the shoulder.

I have a similar dilemma... I like the Alma but I'd rather not get it because a close friend I see often has it, and I'd rather have a different one than she does. I'm not too crazy about any of the other bags I could get in Vernis.. I'm thinking about the Brea MM though. I just don't know if I want vachetta with my Vernis. I also posted about the issue and got good feedback, but I still don't know what to do! Such a difficult decision..

I have a similar dilemma... I like the Alma but I'd rather not get it because a close friend I see often has it, and I'd rather have a different one than she does. I'm not too crazy about any of the other bags I could get in Vernis.. I'm thinking about the Brea MM though. I just don't know if I want vachetta with my Vernis. I also posted about the issue and got good feedback, but I still don't know what to do! Such a difficult decision..

I do not like vachetta with vernis, it looks strange. I love the lack of vachetta on the alma and the wilshire.

Well, I love Alma, but if you are not going to use the bag...do NOT get it! You don't have to like a bag just because it is "popular" or "classic" just buy whatever will work best in your life!

I have Alma nm in damier and two Alma bb in both givre n pomme. I love them to the bits. They look classy and cute for the babies. I think Alma has a more classy chic look than wilshire which I have that too.
I agree with tiggycat that one should get the bag that you want and like and not one that you lack. :P

I can't warm up to the Alma either. I think that part of the reason is that I like my bags with less structure, and don't really love that shape. Ah well - lots of other yummy LVs to fall in love with!!

I only like the Alma in the BB proportions. And I hated it before tPF (thought everyone on here was nuts for loving a bowling bag :P) but then the BB came out and really grew on me (to the point where I now have three and will probably be getting the pomme pink striped one as well). But if you don't love it, there are lots of other vernis bags out there. If you've got any need for something small and more formal, you could go with one of the more evening style vernis bags, like the Sunset Blvd? I have it and use it for my Vegas trips/weddings/work parties and love it.