What's Wrong With Heatherette?

Jillian Dollars

Kitty Sniper
O.G.
Jul 28, 2006
So ever since Richie Rich and Trevor Rains combined to form Heatherette a few years ago, they have been among my favorite designers. Their clothes are always unique, fun, and funky. But their fashion week show this year was just bizarre. Like Willy Wonka level bizarre. Just more and more funky weirdness kept streaming down the runway. So much so that I couldn hardly find a single item I would wear anywhere except MAYBE a costume party. A whole section of the show looked like a series of costumes assembled for a production of "The Wizard of Oz ... on Acid." Seriously, you HAVE to check this out. I am so disappointed and confused. I wish I could describe this all better but I have no words.

Oh, and as for what's wrong with the designers, my first thought was crack but that's a serious allegation and I am not sure that crack could possibly be entirely to blame for all this.

Heatherette - Heatherette - Fall 2007 Collection

27.jpg

21.jpg

39.jpg

I find designers go through fazes. Sometimes I love their collections certain seasons I hate them. I think it all depends on what "inspires' them but if they are smart I find they snap out of it pretty quickly when sales start to plummit.

[vogue];1801962 said:
The last male model looks like the tin man from the wizard of oz!!

you should see the back of that outfit, your image of the tin man will never be the same!

"It's empty. The tinsmith forgot to give me a heart. All hollow."

is now

"It's empty. The Heatherette forgot to give me a back pocket. All ass crack."

This deisgner is really a waste of tent time and space.

I see what you mean about Heatherette. What happened to all the pink and purple and glitter!?
:girlsigh: :tender: :cutesy:

I LOVED Heathette's Living Dolls collection. I got the Care Bear shirt, the pink unicorn one and the sweater with the popsicles on it. I also have the little pink Care Bear with the Harlequin Amanda Lepore logo on the bear's tummy and I love the Kid Robot figures.
Ever since then though, I've been less than wow-ed. I think it had to do with them making a cheaper line for Macy's. I haven't found a THING I like.

you should see the back of that outfit, your image of the tin man will never be the same!

"It's empty. The tinsmith forgot to give me a heart. All hollow."

is now

"It's empty. The Heatherette forgot to give me a back pocket. All ass crack."

This deisgner is really a waste of tent time and space.

Hahahaha....
This just made my day! But ya, I've never really liked heatherette they had some cute dresses but that's it... I can't really see anyone except for rich teen girls wearing their stuff