What's up w/the contaminated produce lately???

1. I just had to return some frozen squash that was recalled because of ammonia contamination - thankfully I didn't eat it as it can cause some really bad side effects (nausea/vomiting/throat pain)!!! To top it off, the store where I bought it wasn't even aware of the recall.

I read on the internet yesterday that tons of canteloupe were recalled due to salmonella. Between this plus the lettuce/spinach/tomato ecoli issues, I'm at the point where I'm not going to eat any produce. It's ridiculous! What is going on??? :crybaby: Am I the only one who feels this way?

2. It's so scary- thank goodness you didn't eat it!! My youngest cousin was hospitalized for two days last week because of some spoiled bagged salad mix that he ate- he was so seriously ill that they thought he might have lasting side-effects, but at the last minute his condition improved. He's at home recovering now, thank goodness. It makes me hesitate to even eat a salad after this, but now
    if it extends to frozen foods, I don't know what I'll end up doing. Pray, I guess :shrugs:.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice