What's trends do you like or hate?

sfbella

Feb 25, 2010
What's trends do you like or hate? Another words,are there any new trends you think will never catch on or is there a trend you are dying to try? Why?
For example, i really hate Ed hardy clothing. Not for the quanlity of Ed hardy, not for the brand,but for the tattoo design. The reason is that i don't like tattoo.

I'll go w/trends I hate because that's easier for me to list: Hate the legging revival look. I left that behind back in the 90s. Ick, never thought I'd see the day where acid wash was trendy again either. :yucky: Oh goodness, and legwarmers! Why are they back?!!!! :confused1:

don't really like the distressed boyfriend jean trend; it looks okay on some but kind of sloppy on others with the cuffing at an awkward height. i also hope harem pants do not come back too strongly...they remind me too much of hammer pants.

i was shopping yesterday and saw a HUGE display of fluorescent day glo spandex everything (leggings, hot pants, bras worn as outerwear, etc.) (no, i was not at american apparel. weirdly, it was all sized as "one size," which i'm not sure if that would really work out.) that i had a mini early 90's OP flashback. i'm praying it won't be a full-fledged return complete with slap bracelets and scrunchies. a little fluorescent accent here or there is nice, though.

i do like the following: booties, flats, shorts over tights (assuming it's not denim shorts and that the girl has nice legs), gladiator sandals (wish i could wear these but they hurt my feet too badly), lots of chunky or layered jewelry, ruffles and bows and lace, patterned tights. sometimes i dig the men's oxfords look on women, too, but it depends on the rest of the outfit.

I'll go w/trends I hate because that's easier for me to list: Hate the legging revival look. I left that behind back in the 90s. Ick, never thought I'd see the day where acid wash was trendy again either. :yucky: Oh goodness, and legwarmers! Why are they back?!!!! :confused1:

OMG YES! I hate, hate, hate hate hate leggings, seriously. They're so blah. :throwup: why can women wear tights instead? they elongate the legs, are classy, and don't remind me of the 80s.

I just hate the word trend, period. Fashion is a way to sell your individual style. The word trend reminds me of a flock of sheep : P
I dislike fur vests though, but I know a lot of women who can pull it off and look gorgeous.

I hate when people wear things that don't look good on them. There are trends I dislike such as leggings with a short top, harem pants, and cuffed boyfriend jeans. Even though the majority of people don't look good wearing those things, I do see some people who make those things looks good. I'm willing to look past my dislike for certain trends if a person looks good in it.

I love boyfriend blazers, flat boots, motorcycle jackets, sky high wedges, platforms, and chunky knits

I too hate Ed Hardy, as well as this whole flannel trend and just plaid in general. Why...???

I personally LOVE leggings (they can be awesome if you do them right!) and flat boots.

as a lifelong fan of OTK boots, i'm so thrilled that they're "in" again! (^(oo)^)v

on the other hand, i think whomever invented the peep toe boot needs to have his/her toes cut off. there are really only two equally undesirable scenarios there, IPHO:

1. i can see your toes, which means i know you're not wearing socks, and i don't even want to think about what your feet are going to smell like when you remove those boots
  2. i can see the toes of your socks/tights. no, said the piggy. some things were not meant to see the light of day. sock toes are in this category. (>(oo)<)`

I too hate Ed Hardy, as well as this whole flannel trend and just plaid in general. Why...???

I personally LOVE leggings (they can be awesome if you do them right!) and flat boots.

oh good grief! i forgot about the flannel! nobody who is not a lumberjack or a farmer should be sporting flannel!!! :yucky:

I'm not sure if this is a trend.....people who wear their pyjama pants in public. WTF are you too lazy to get dressed. Why do you feel the need to wear your hello kitty, or snoopy bottoms in public.

Also, guys who wears their pants really low. I don't want to see your underwear, or arsehole. Some days I want to go up to them and pull up their pants. And.....when they wear their gangsta wannabe hats sideways.

I'm not even into fashion in general, but

- I hate that men can wear the same tux over and over again and it's acceptable whereas if I get caught in the same formal dress multiple times in a short period of time, people think I'm skimping!

-I hate that handbags are more for women and men are stuck with these boring, same old pieces or else it will be too feminine.

-I hate that women's shoes are either high-heeled or ballet flat, and they are so incredibly rare in the middle form.

Hate:

baggy men's jeans with underwear showing (I don't think this is a trend, is it?)
flannel (reminds me of PJs or lumberjacks)

Love:

Layering pieces (I am finally trying to do this more)
Leggings (if you have nice legs)
Flat boots (so comfy yet stylish)
Military style blazers (when done right - so cute)
Fitted leather jackets (Mackage-ish)