What's this about a Purple Leather Carly??

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
California
I can't wait to see pics of this bag! I always wondered why they didn't do the all leather Carly in more colors - it was always in such neutral colors! Is the entire bag plum leather or is it trimmed in another color?

BagSlave

Jan 10, 2008
So I went to the local boutique and that thought I was talking about the signature/plum Carly and I said "no no no I heard a plum was coming out". So low and behold that brought out a medium leather plum Carly from the back! It is very cute, very classy. I would describe the plum as a darker color, sorta like the color of the Hamptons hobo that just came out- maybe a little richer plum then that.

ANYWAYS, I exchange out my sig frayed Carly :crybaby:for the LARGE Leather Plum Carly (they had to order it) and the order will come into the boutique in 3-5 business days. So I will def. post when I get it! Oh, it has BRASS hardware.

I looked at both the Zoe in Bordeaux and the Leather Plum Carly and I decided on the Plum Carly because I feel it would go with more. It was a tough decision but I went with it.

So I ended up owing $106 total since the exchange was $100 dollars more!

I'm sure I will get good use out of this one!!

Very excited!!
Are you referring to the Hamptons Hobo in berry but the Carly is darker/richer in color??

BagSlave

Jan 10, 2008
For anyone wondering I called JAX and the style # for the medium is 10615.......

Can't wait to see pics !!

VPink118

O.G.
Jun 8, 2008
Atlanta
It is all plum with brass hardware. No specific trim (that I remember at least!) Yes I meant the Hamptons hobo in berry- it's slightly darker and richer in color. I think this is a great bag to go with both black and brown- unlike some other colors that may be harder to match with things!

Jul 25, 2007
Well its about time!!! Why they havent done a purple or pink leather Carly up until this point is beyond me!!! I cant wait to see it too - I can only do a Carly in the slim version (its bigger than the small, but smaller than the large!), but I really want to see the color. I like purple too - much more than pink, anyway!

Jan 2, 2008
It is all plum with brass hardware. No specific trim (that I remember at least!) Yes I meant the Hamptons hobo in berry- it's slightly darker and richer in color. I think this is a great bag to go with both black and brown- unlike some other colors that may be harder to match with things!
oooo I'm so glad you got the large VPink, I can't wait to see it... thats one of the things on my list is a purple bag of some sort! :P And a carly is definitely a bag I would get more than one color in!

sissabelle

Oct 11, 2007
Jersey
Sounds beautiful! I look forward to seeing your pics... congrats :tup:

bearonica

Aug 25, 2006
Northern VA
No specific trim? It would have been cool if they had a contrasting trim like dark brown against the purple, but oh well. Can't wait to see it IRL - please post pics when you get it!

SLVDW47

hand me my leather..
Aug 26, 2008
New York
Gals, we got this bag in the store yesterday....it is TDF....it is entirely plum, just like a black leather one would be. It's gorgeous. It's the color that was on the Carly Slim Khaki Sig. Plum bag...but all that plum color. It is really pretty and I'm not a huge fan of all this purple/plum because I think Coach is really over-doing it, but the Carly has been done right!!