What's the worst...

... About the squirrels: living in the central valley, I haven't had that particular critter problem although we do have a lot of farm animals, as you can imagine. However, I live by one iron-clad rule: I never allow farm animals in my house. Call me inflexible, but I simply refuse to budge on this issue. If I don't eat beef, I don't think I should feel obligated to entertain cows inside my house.
You know, I can understand this. Cows cannot come into my house either; I don't care if it IS the movie star from the Milk (Gracie! <sobbing cow>) commercial. She'll sit on the front lawn or be on her way.

The squirrels who run the fence line here have some kind of issue with Zoey that quite often ends up in a staring match; of course, the squirrel is high up a pole staring down when it happens. I will not begrudge Zoey a little squirrel meat when it happens. And it will. :yucky:

I may win the prize on this....put my treasured convertable bag carefully on the passenger side floor of our car, where I was sitting.....knew the carpet was totally clean...there was a knife sharp edge to the seat hardware on the floor and it sliced two of the woven strips :sad:
My boutique sent it for repair and you cannot see where there is any damage now, but I was so sad that it happened....
I've messed up the corners on some of my venetas by something sharp on the seat tracks. Normally I put my bag in the passenger seat but that's not always possible.

Yes, beware of the seat tracks.....
I think they repaired it by placing the breaks where they would not show and using special glue . I honestly cannot tell where the cuts were now.

I think BV quality "speaks for itself'.. with minor or major mishaps it seems that for the most part it is fixable.. that is not necessarily the case with other
bags..
GMTA - I was thinking this very thing earlier today - . They are definitely created to least no matter what (for the most part).

As we "hear" more stories, I'm sure we'll be even more impressed!

Some hand lotion came open in my pyramid. I cleaned it with a damp cloth. It was a bit of work, but I cannot tell where it happened now.

Time to take that bag out for a spin. We will be looking for bands of booze-addled chipmunks scurrying about with SLGs. Better charge the camera battery.

On my birthday weekend last year the mister & i went to NYC (July in NY = HOTTT!). I never put lotion or hair goo in my bag, but because we were travelling, i put a small tub of hair pomade (greasy!) in my BV. After walking for hours & hours outside & then eating out on a hot patio, the pomade melted and seeped out of the tub alllll inside the whole bag! Completely put a damper on the evening when i realized this back at the hotel that nite. Lining ruined! Completely.
Tried to clean it myself & made a mess. Sent it off to the best of the best handbag cleaner, and it was better, at least cleaned of oils, but heavily stained. I sold the bag as-is and bought the exact bag as a replacement. I certainly learned my lesson!

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but how much did you pay for the repair and how long did it take to get your bag back? I can see that one of the strips in one of my bags is beginning to tear...

Thanks!

I may win the prize on this....put my treasured convertable bag carefully on the passenger side floor of our car, where I was sitting.....knew the carpet was totally clean...there was a knife sharp edge to the seat hardware on the floor and it sliced two of the woven strips :sad:
My boutique sent it for repair and you cannot see where there is any damage now, but I was so sad that it happened....

So this has nothing to do with a bag or actual damage, but it's bad.

As you know I have dogs. I am a responsible dog owner and pick up their poops. I always have bags with me. So one time, there was a poop, and I bagged it up, and I knotted it securely, and --this is rather disgusting--I stuck it in the pocket of my coat with every intention of tossing it as soon as I got home. But I forgot.

Fast forward a year, and it's cold and I put on my coat, and feel something stiff in the pocket and, oh my, it's my knotted bag of poop now petrified.

Why do I always have to learn things the hard way?

I had a minor mishap with my beloved ottone cabat. I am always so uber careful with pens and put them into zip locks. But one day I wasn't. I discovered that a purple felt tip opened up in a pouch I was carrying in my cabat, 'sans' zip lock. I never noticed any 'damage' to the cabat until in bright sunlight one day a few months later I saw a slight darkening on a tiny part of the weave. Sure enough, it is purple but hardly noticeable. I have stopped kicking myself in the butt and have gotten over the fact that my cabat now has a minor imperfection. Since the spot is purple, I figure that it gives my ottone some Mousse character.

BV Fan, I took the bag to my local BV boutique, as they are great there...they sent it out, and said it could take a month but it came back sooner, maybe three weeks....it cost $35 which I was happy to pay as it turned out so well. Good luck with yours.