Whats the worst thing that has happend to your LV

Lol, try having your boyfriend carrie beer in your LV “just for two minutes” while he was parking the car.... breakes worked a little too well and it spilled all over. Luckily my insurance covered a replacement worth but a very hard lesson for him.
what insurance covers handbags? just curious?

I used to be a bit careless with my vernis bags because I always had them in black or amarante. About 5 years ago, I purchased an Alma in the "poudre" color which is like this gorgeous beige/champagne. I was careless and just treated it like my others. Long story short, about a month after using it, I noticed these dark stains on the vernis coating (color transfer from newspapers or books losynlokely). I figured they would wash off but they didn't... in researching, I found that they actually are absorbed into the vernis coating. Now I have a bag that is stained. Luckily it's only on one side, but still... lesson learned! I'm 1000% more careful now and I still carry the bag around the holidays.

Reactions: onlyk
I overpacked my Keepall 55 B (three pairs of shoes , clothes and two bottles of Dom Perignon that was still in the box) and a small I was walking out of the airport terminal, the d ring for the strap broke.

Almost made it home too!

no kidding? just to put some glue together?
That’s what I thought! I just assume they would apply some glue to the interior lining and piece it back. But my guess is they may have to take the luggage apart and then sew it back which at that point, one might as well construct a brand new bag hence they advised me to get a new luggage. It was disappointing to say the least.

That’s what I thought! I just assume they would apply some glue to the interior lining and piece it back. But my guess is they may have to take the luggage apart and then sew it back which at that point, one might as well construct a brand new bag hence they advised me to get a new luggage. It was disappointing to say the least.
Sometimes the SA you asked questions to may not be the most friendly, I had experienced similar thing too, one SA would quote me $175 for reglazing a wallet which was like brand new just one tiny bit of glazing peeled off and it was only bought a couple of years ago, nuts! and the wallet itself only cost $500.

Maybe sometimes you can find a more friendly SA to ask for the quote again.

Sometimes the SA you asked questions to may not be the most friendly, I had experienced similar thing too, one SA would quote me $175 for reglazing a wallet which was like brand new just one tiny bit of glazing peeled off and it was only bought a couple of years ago, nuts! and the wallet itself only cost $500.

Maybe sometimes you can find a more friendly SA to ask for the quote again.
Actually they took the luggage in and send it somewhere to have it re-evaluated. When my luggage came back, they basically say it would cost about the same as getting a new one and wouldn’t fix it. I was very surprised as I thought it would just be some canvas glue and call it a day type of situation. I was kinda tempted to use Elmer’s glue and do it myself but worry that somehow glue would seep out to outer layer monogram canvas and ruin the bag even more so now it just sit there collect dust.

I was in a restaurant and my Azur Croisette was sitting on my lap. I had my glass of soda on the edge of the table and when I leaned forward to take a sip of the drink, the entire glass fell over and drenched my bag. Completely ruining the still white vachetta. I hated myself for that. :,(

I was in a restaurant and my Azur Croisette was sitting on my lap. I had my glass of soda on the edge of the table and when I leaned forward to take a sip of the drink, the entire glass fell over and drenched my bag. Completely ruining the still white vachetta. I hated myself for that. :,(

Oh no. I felt your pain reading this. Sorry :sad:

Actually they took the luggage in and send it somewhere to have it re-evaluated. When my luggage came back, they basically say it would cost about the same as getting a new one and wouldn’t fix it. I was very surprised as I thought it would just be some canvas glue and call it a day type of situation. I was kinda tempted to use Elmer’s glue and do it myself but worry that somehow glue would seep out to outer layer monogram canvas and ruin the bag even more so now it just sit there collect dust.
I see, got it. Well, at least that would be a statement piece if to collect the dust :smile:

I probably would hated myself too, though better I did it than someone else did that to my bag, I would hated that person, that probably would be worse :P

Delta overbooked my flight so I had to get on another plane. It was already about to take off so I was the last one on the plane; therefore, no more cargo room. I had my Damier Ebene Keepall 55 with me as a carry-on. They wouldn't let me on board with it so they made me check it. Well, I picked it up at the end of the flight to find a HOLE in the bottom of it. Not only was my beautiful luggage piece damaged, but also some nice camera lenses inside. The bag was in pristine condition before the flight. I ended up filing a claim with Delta and they did send me a check for the original price I paid for the bag. Unfortunately, the price had gone up since the time I purchased the bag. I never did end up repurchasing the Keepall. To add to my sad story, it was the last birthday gift that my Dad gave to me before he passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack. I still use it occasionally for road trips and such. It is a significant hole, though. Won't be too long until it rips larger and becomes unusable. :sad:

Reactions: pmburk and onlyk
OMG, do you mean the glazing on the bag melted or the bag itself melted?
The inside of the epi leather cosmetic bag melted and became gummy. My advice is to keep your closet cool when traveling. If there are any vents in your closet like in mine keep them closed so the heat from your heater doesn't dry the leather, etc. Just be mindful. I didn't even consider that the bags would get hot without the air conditioner, I wasn't thinking at all about it but I won't make that mistake again.

Delta overbooked my flight so I had to get on another plane. It was already about to take off so I was the last one on the plane; therefore, no more cargo room. I had my Damier Ebene Keepall 55 with me as a carry-on. They wouldn't let me on board with it so they made me check it. Well, I picked it up at the end of the flight to find a HOLE in the bottom of it. Not only was my beautiful luggage piece damaged, but also some nice camera lenses inside. The bag was in pristine condition before the flight. I ended up filing a claim with Delta and they did send me a check for the original price I paid for the bag. Unfortunately, the price had gone up since the time I purchased the bag. I never did end up repurchasing the Keepall. To add to my sad story, it was the last birthday gift that my Dad gave to me before he passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack. I still use it occasionally for road trips and such. It is a significant hole, though. Won't be too long until it rips larger and becomes unusable. :sad:

How awful! Sorry!

The inside of the epi leather cosmetic bag melted and became gummy. My advice is to keep your closet cool when traveling. If there are any vents in your closet like in mine keep them closed so the heat from your heater doesn't dry the leather, etc. Just be mindful. I didn't even consider that the bags would get hot without the air conditioner, I wasn't thinking at all about it but I won't make that mistake again.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, will take your advice and keep them in cooler temperature. :smile:

Oh wow. I'm sorry that happened to you! I think that's one of the worst stories I've read so far. I have wanted a keepall for a very long time, but this is the type of thing that I fear would happen to me! I used to take my Neverfull as a carry on and stick it under the seat during the flight, but I don't even use that anymore because on a flight once the flight attendant made me put it in the overhead cargo and it came out kind of smooshed. I was able to go home and stuff it and it was fine in the end...but still that made me leery of trying to take it on a flight ever again. Most of the time I just use an inexpensive Nylon zippered tote as a carry on. If something happened to it I wouldn't be quite so sick as I would be if something happened to one of my LV bags.