what's the safest way to ship international package

Express mail international is the best, but I'm not sure if they ship to Taiwan (you'd have to check on USPS.com). It's signature required and insured. It's a little more pricey, but if you're returning something expensive, IMO there's no reason to try to save some money on shipping when you could potentially lose thousands of dollars.
I would NOT do priority mail, btw. I just priority mailed something to HK and while it only took a week to get there, the tracking info never updated/showed as delivered, which makes you extremely vulnerable.

If you print on USPS you can do everything at once - you can add the insurance (for most countries), it will print the customs forms, and you can make sure the signature box is checked. Use USPS Express Mail International.

With other carriers, your buyer will have to pay brokerage fees in addition to customs. So they are frowned upon.

Definitely use Express mail. It is costly but worth it. When you're shipping an expensive item you should not be worrying about the cheapest way to ship. You should be worrying about the safest way it will get there!

I've sent items usps priority with insurance and it's worked out. When you print shipping online it comes with a working tracking number. But the max I've sent is $1000 bag. If its more I would definitely ship it express. Plus you should check the limit on insurance. If I remember correctly, some countries have different limits.
Remember to always state the value as what they paid! If you don't you can't insure it for the full amount and it's illegal to lie.

What to put on customs declarations form?
I just sold a used Louis Vuitton purse on ebay and the buyer is from France, so , when i ship it what should i put as declared value down? The price it went for on ebay or the current new price ?
I know that if you put lesser value the customs may seize your package because they may think it's fake but the value of the used purse won't be as high as the new one...what are your thoughts ?

What to put on customs declarations form?
I just sold a used Louis Vuitton purse on ebay and the buyer is from France, so , when i ship it what should i put as declared value down? The price it went for on ebay or the current new price ?
I know that if you put lesser value the customs may seize your package because they may think it's fake but the value of the used purse won't be as high as the new one...what are your thoughts ?

I put the value it sold for and also include a printout of the auction and paypal recipt page inside the box so if they do decide to open it, theres proof of how much the buyer paid.

No noe & no. I spent $90.00 mailing with Express Mail International (EMI)on the premise that it was the safest way to ship & that I could "track" my parcel from Australia to United States. EMI say that your item will be delivered in 3-5 days. It has been now 16 days and no information whatsoever. The USPS "tracking" system merely states that my parcel had been "accepted" and despatched on the 13th of Jan 2011. It is now the 27th of Naj and NOTHING. Yes, parcels DO fall off the face of the planet, & EMI will NOT prevent this from happening. I am very dissapointed and have lost an item worth $350.00 + $90.00 shipping fee.

Express mail international is the best, but I'm not sure if they ship to Taiwan (you'd have to check on USPS.com). It's signature required and insured. It's a little more pricey, but if you're returning something expensive, IMO there's no reason to try to save some money on shipping when you could potentially lose thousands of dollars.
I would NOT do priority mail, btw. I just priority mailed something to HK and while it only took a week to get there, the tracking info never updated/showed as delivered, which makes you extremely vulnerable.

Wow! I didn't know we should put a copy of the receipt in the box! I just shipped two items overseas without the invoice. Will this be a problem if they open it?!! Tia!

No noe & no. I spent $90.00 mailing with Express Mail International (EMI)on the premise that it was the safest way to ship & that I could "track" my parcel from Australia to United States. EMI say that your item will be delivered in 3-5 days. It has been now 16 days and no information whatsoever. The USPS "tracking" system merely states that my parcel had been "accepted" and despatched on the 13th of Jan 2011. It is now the 27th of Naj and NOTHING. Yes, parcels DO fall off the face of the planet, & EMI will NOT prevent this from happening. I am very dissapointed and have lost an item worth $350.00 + $90.00 shipping fee.

If it's insured then you should be able to get your money back .. ? Have you gotten in touch with the PO to ask them about filing a claim? My point wasn't that EMI prevents your package from disappearing, it's that if it DOES disappear, the USPS will insure it!

How about FedEx, has anybody used it for international package before? A prospective buyer is emailing me and she's in Australia (I'm in US).

FedEx is very secure (and I think fast) but it is EXPENSIVE. I've heard horror stories about FedEx charging "brokerage" fees -- basically like their own set of customs fees if you mail something expensive overseas.