whats the name of my 1st Chanel,just bought it today ?

luckycharms

❤~Aim to please~❤
O.G.
Aug 24, 2008
Hi everyone !!!
I just bought my 1st Chanel but im not sure what its called.Chanel experts,do you have any idea ? It looks gorgeous and i love the gold hardware. I can also pack baby stuffs because it is a bit roomy inside. I am just wondering why the chain is single and the style of the bag is not quilted. is this a very old bag and is this a good choice ? Pls. leave me your honest opinions and comments. thankyou.

xs: pardon me for being so naive to chanel purses.:smile:
026-2.jpg

029-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

i feel so sad... thinkin..nobody knows the name of this purse..now i feel like returning it:crybaby:

i bought it in a store in japan and in the tag it was written in japanese so i really dont have an idea.help...

xs: i can give u the serial number so anyone would know what kind or from what yr. this purse is.. now im really regretting purchasing this bag :sad:

If this is vintage and i assumed it is coz i noticed there its not quilt and the strap/chain is single..God ! i have no idea what im purchasing...is vintage bad or good,what is it good for ????????? helpppppp.

Last edited:
This is a variation of the classic flap bag and the serial number on the hologram sticker will give you an idea of the year of make. Why the chain is single? That's just the style. The style of the bag is not quilted. It is quilted, just not the typical puffy quilt you are accustomed to seeing here. Is this a good choice ? Sure is and quite lovely and DIFFERENT....you want to be different; yet, the bag is still classic.

i feel so sad... thinkin..nobody knows the name of this purse..now i feel like returning it:crybaby:

i bought it in a store in japan and in the tag it was written in japanese so i really dont have an idea.help...

That's great you find a bag you like in Tokyo...somehow I thought you were a Japanese SHAM, but you English is better than most Japanese over there...ok now I know you are not as you said you don't understand Japanese! :P Well, I think this is a vintage Chanel flap, larger than the current jumbo size. IMO, the long chain will be great for mommies. I love messager style so I can be hand-free with the little one. ;) I'm sure burberryprncess will get you more info.

hi ceci, burberry princess,evychew and fauve !!!
thanks for the response and feedbacks. i am not a japanese but im an Asian ( Filipino ) ..:smile:
now i bought this today and i thought this is gorgeous when i saw it at the store. the price is not cheap so i hope i wont regret what i did. But, i feel like everyone is having a hard time to say the name of this bag.
should i post the number of the hologram sticker or its dangerous to post it here ? im clueless.

Also, is vintage a good one and why ? i really have no idea !!!!!!!!

xs: when i purchase this today, i didnt realize that this is vintage..it looks soooo new,shiny and the gold hardware is very nice plus the smell of the leather is still there.. agh ! im such a newbie to Chanel..forgive me.

Ok, I found this exact style and flat quilting in my Chanel archives. It's from Autumn/Winter 1997. This specific line did not have a name but came in 3 sizes, of which 2 out of 3 were double chain straps.

thanks for the help guys and pls. answer my questions on my 2nd post..i edited ..

5243582 theres the Chanel mark all around it..if that would help.

also,how can this be a vintage when it looks so new and i cant even see any damage to the purse ???
now, im thinkin if it was worth it ? i dont know anything about vintage.im panicking ..

How old is old for the bag to be called a vintage ? i am learning so much about bags in this forum, truthfully.
Is this a caviar and which is more expensive a lambskin or a caviar on a Chanel purse ? TIA.. i truly appreciate all the response.

Last edited:
^ Yep! By the sticker, it was 1997, the collection I stated above.

how can this be a vintage when it looks so new and i cant even see any damage to the purse ??? Easy, some people hardly use their bags and keep them in storage. Many of my bags look brand new because I rarely use them (about once or twice each season).

now, im thinkin if it was worth it ? If you love it and will get good use out of it, then it's worth it.

i dont know anything about vintage.im panicking .. Trust me, vintage bags are better made than current ones. I've been collecting Chanel for almost 16 consecutive years now and have seen the downward quality of Chanel in recent years.

^ Like I said, burberryprncess is good :tup:

I wish I'm in Japan now. Been there 4 times & still enjoy basically everything, shopping, eating, hot spring, etc., except I don't know the language :sad:. I tried to learn but I just couldn't get it. Though I'm lucky that I know how to read Chinese, I can guess a bit this & that, but I know it's not 100% the same as Chinese. :P

Enjoy your new flap! You know you won't have to worry about FAKE in Japan. & It's always better that you can check out the bag & buy in person, not through photos & verbal descripton (I have no Chanel near me & I wish I'm close to the boutique). Listern to yourself, did you love this bag in 1st sight? A name for the bag isn't that important - The most important part : it's Chanel, IT'S CHANEL !!!;)

(OT - Can you PM me what store you went? Maybe I should visit them if I get to go to Japan again)

aaawwww.. thankyou so much ceci for the lovely words you posted..
you are right ! i dont have to worry about fakes here. i love japan like you do and ive been residing here for a long time. i also love shopping,eating,hotspring,karaoke and other stuffs they have here. japan is quite a cool place to live in and im glad you like it here. i can read/write hiragana,katakana and a few kanji. i can speak the language too.

i like this purse and it might be a lil different. but you are right its still a Chanel and it wasnt cheap when i bought it. well..nothings cheap here.. sad to say..
burberryprincess has a point too..its different yet it is classic.
thx guys :winkiss: