whats the name of my 1st Chanel,just bought it today ?

^ oops.. I must have misunderstood earlier. Lucky you know the language. It's so hard to learn, at least for me.

I'm glad you still love your new bag after you know more about it. :flowers:

BTW, it's kind of late at your side, isn't it? hehe...

Enjoy your bag! As for the name, which you so want to know, there's none. It was not until after the introduction of the Cambon line that Chanel decided to name most, if not all, of their lines.

This is a variation of the classic flap bag and the serial number on the hologram sticker will give you an idea of the year of make. Why the chain is single? That's just the style. The style of the bag is not quilted. It is quilted, just not the typical puffy quilt you are accustomed to seeing here. Is this a good choice ? Sure is and quite lovely and DIFFERENT....you want to be different; yet, the bag is still classic.

:tup:

hahahaha..now im getting scared to visit the shop:winkiss:

i called the store where i bought this today and asked for the name.she said its called Chanel Matrasse and that it is a Caviar.

Looks vintage to me when i see the leather and the style. Unfortunately i'm not sure if there is an actual name for it.

But i would describe it as a vintage caviar flap/messenger. this bag is lovely, congrats!!~

thanks for viewing this thread.. here are some of my modelling pics..i think im beginning to love this purse. But i receive an email message from an SA in the US and he said he is willing to send me the GST that i want or the Black XL Jumbo Flap Caviar and that i wont be paying for the custom tax because he will be sending it through FedEx and that he will remove the tag and send it the receipt to me by postal mail. What do you think tpers ??? He said the Jumbo XL caviar flap cost $2650 and the GST Caviar with Gold Hardware is $ 2125
Pls. help me decide.. it will be my 1st brand new Chanel purchase and i dont want to regret it.. should i get a new Chanel or should i stick to the Classics ?? And before i forget i dont want another vintage:roflmfao:
CIMG0713.jpg

CIMG0712.jpg

CIMG0711.jpg

ITA! The bags looks great on you. There's nothing wrong with vintage. IMO, vintage bags are prettier and better made. The chain is heavier, the structure is more defined and sturdy, and the workmanship/quality is more superb. But in the end, it's up to you. I happen to love vintage, though I've never bought a used bag in my life. My vintage bags were all bought brand new and now they are sitting in my closet as vintage finds. I'll never sell them. I'm very curious to see what the new vintage classic flap for 2009 would look like. As for GST or XL jumbo, I'm not a fan of GST, so I would go for the XL jumbo instead. Again, it's up to you.

Congrats on ur FIRST chanel !! I know you have been wanting one from all the previous threads .. so glad you found a great piece ... :yahoo:
Its a gorgeous vintage bag .. you can shorten the chain too by looping it over the flap (double chain) or some ppl make a knot on one side of the strap hole (single chain).

regarding the GST -- its gonna be black like ur other chanel i suggest maybe you should wait till the cruise line comes out get some coloured flaps for ur collection

congrats on your first chanel. IMHO vintage Chanel is lovely, and I agree with Burberryprincess ,....the quality of vintage bags is superb and the style is timeless! Enjoy your first Chanel!