What's the most you've spent on an LV purse?

chicsylvie

Feb 6, 2015
What's the most you've spent on an LV purse (as a proportion of what you earn) and did you judge yourself or feel guilty about doing so? How did you reconcile your desire with the fact that one purse = x weeks of rent and groceries, etc.?

I grew up in an immigrant, frugal family and am struggling with my desire for a 3k bag, and the embarassment and guilt I'd feel if my parents found out. For me, it has little to do with the brand, and a lot to do with the unique design of the bag and its versatility. I have looked at thousands of purses and this is the one I like most.

NB: I wouldn't be going into debt for this; I also don't do replicas.

$1830 plus tax for my Pochette Metis in reverse monogram and that's after buying the Neverfull MM, Speedy 30, Pochette accessoire NM, and Key Pouch within a few weeks of each other. I am also from an immigrant family that was very frugal growing up. I am 38 now with a family of my own, both my husband and I are at the point in our lives where we are finally making good money so I decided to splurge a little or a lot lol. If you can afford it, buy it! Don't worry about what other people because they are not the ones paying your bills. My parents were always lecturing me about my spending too because they always saved their money and never bought expensive stuff. I just ignore them!

the most i spent on lv was 1600 for an alma bb brand new, the rest have all been pre-loved at great prices. my max for any designer is 3 - it has nothing to do with what i earn or don't earn and is just my practical nature. no handbag is worth more than 3 to me, and even that's super ridiculous to type lol :amuse:

My most expensive bag was just a little over 2k CND and I'm a full-time student. I gave up a lot of my short-term pleasures such as eating out, partying, smoking, etc. and instead used that money, which I saved by putting away a little bit at a time, towards a purse which brings me joy for years to come. As far as I'm concerned I don't have to justify my passion for purses to anyone (don't judge me just because I sin differently than you do) unless they're wiling to pay my bills.

My Petite Malle which fits pretty much nothing. It's pretty much just something to hold my card case because that's all I can fit in it (apart from a lip balm and sometimes sunglasses and/or earphones).

I love it and have carried it empty just because I can, and I want to make the most out of having it. I don't feel guilty about owning it, but make a conscious decision not to wear it around certain people because I know they wouldn't understand me spending that much money on a bag. My family would definitely not approve of spending that much money on something that could be spent on other things (e.g equivalent of 4 round trip flights from the UK to New Zealand to see my family), but at the end of the day I'm here to enjoy my life and I'd rather spend the money now and enjoy my purchase than die tomorrow with money sitting in the bank.

I only pulled the trigger because I was in the UK and managed to save 30% compared to buying one in New Zealand, and with the constant price increases it was buy it then or never.

Definitely fashion over function for me.

Mine was my Empreinte Montaigne MM, which was around EUR 2300, also my Cluny MM was almost EUR 2000. For me, they are bags to carry for years to come and while I do think they were extremely expensive, I work very hard and own my own business, so I decided I can do whatever I want with my money. Having said that, I don't think I will ever pay more than this again.

My most expensive bag was just a little over 2k CND and I'm a full-time student. I gave up a lot of my short-term pleasures such as eating out, partying, smoking, etc. and instead used that money, which I saved by putting away a little bit at a time, towards a purse which brings me joy for years to come. As far as I'm concerned I don't have to justify my passion for purses to anyone (don't judge me just because I sin differently than you do) unless they're wiling to pay my bills.

This!

I've only bought pre-loved bags and new SLG so the most I've spent is $500 aud (on a great condition speedy!). I do have a hard time rationalising spending over $1k on a bag which is why I've yet to purchase a new one (one day, one day ).

I do not judge what others spend because we all work hard to earn our money and should choose how we spend it. I like coming to this forum to look at the gorgeous bags I can thinking about saving for, or know I can never afford it but appreciate it's beauty anyway!

Oh and I hide all of my bags before my family visits me. I would get awful comments and jealousy otherwise.

Many years ago Trevi MM. I think it was around 1200? I was so in love with that bag, then became sick of it and gave it to my daughter for her 21st birthday.