What's the most you've ever spent on a belt?

IntlSet said:
I have this problem, too... maybe with higher end belts, this wouldn't be an issue? I wouldn't know because the most I've spent on a belt is $20! I never wear belts.

I wonder!! I'm exactly the same, I've just never really worn them. But now I've inherited a beautiful dress that actually really does need a belt (more of a waist belt than anything else). So I've started thinking about it...

chloe-babe said:
Hi Melisande,
To solve the problem buy a Fendi B Belt ;) . They are by far the smallest belts I have EVER come across.
No way would you need to put extra holes in these, they are laughably small :wtf: . Could never wear them as a hipster belt, definitely waist cinch only :biggrin:. Maybe I shall only wear mine on days when eating is not required :graucho:

Thanks for the tip, chloe. Small is good!

I think higher end belts come in rather small sizes from what I've seen. Actually, I have a belt that I need repaired its a silver metal belt with several semi-precious stones set into it. I had forgotten about it until this thread.

Probably the equivalent of $450/$500 each for 3 different Chloe belts and a similar amount for a Matthew Williamson belt (iconic suede one with charms, from a couple of years ago).

Haven't bought an expensive belt, lately (I've been wearing scarves and sashes tied around my waist/hips, instead), although I do have my beady eye on one, at the moment...! ;)

Prada Psycho said:
I try to keep it at $50 max. I scored two really nice belts at the Banana Republic sale last month. Both were originally around $50. I got one for $29 and one for $14!!!!!

That's why it gripes me to pay full price. You see these huge markdowns at sales times and KNOW they are still making a profit.

Great belts, though.

Markups on lower priced accessories can be huge, true, but they probably aren't making a profit on hugely marked down goods and almost certainly not on the $14 belt.

They are probably just trying to recoup their money for next season stock.

i think the most i've spent was 90 british pounds on a whiskey coloured, wide leather belt with double buckles with built in pockets. I thought i really loved it when i saw it, looks really cool and the leather is really soft but i haven;t gotten around to wearing it yet... and i bought it in June last year :shame:

hmm... maybe $30-40 range. i've worked at numerous retail stores in the past, so i've always been able to get some kind of discount.

i'm not into accessories in general, but it there's something I really like, and will wear often, then i'll buy it.

i probably would never spend more than $200 on a belt, though.