Food What's the most famous food from your hometown?

Wiener Schnitzel, originally it's breaded, deep fried veal meat (flattened by beating it). usually it's served with potatoe salad or french fries. nowadays cheaper chicken meat is used instead of veal in some places

Then our probably most famous dessert: Sacher Torte (Chocolate cake filled with jam)

sw0pp, I love love love wiener schnitzel (from chicken or turkey breast) and sacher cake!

Well hungarian food.. goulash soup, turo rudi (chocolate coated cottage cheese sticks), fish soup with hot paprika.. I could go on and on.. I love hungarian food!

sw0pp, I love love love wiener schnitzel (from chicken or turkey breast) and sacher cake!

Well hungarian food.. goulash soup, turo rudi (chocolate coated cottage cheese sticks), fish soup with hot paprika.. I could go on and on.. I love hungarian food!

I love to eat the schnitzel with mayonnaise :biggrin: I prefer the Imperial cake to the sacher cake though, have you tried it?

I only know the goulash soup, which I find delicious, but the other two things sound yummy too :nuts:

I love to eat the schnitzel with mayonnaise :biggrin: I prefer the Imperial cake to the sacher cake though, have you tried it?

I only know the goulash soup, which I find delicious, but the other two things sound yummy too :nuts:

I love to eat it with just about anything, lol :biggrin:

Unfortunately I have no idea what an Imperial cake is like, I even googled it, but that didn't help either :biggrin: Could you please describe it? tia!