What's the most expensive Christmas present you've bought or received?

sweetxoxo76

Oct 28, 2007
Today I saw another Lexus commercial where the dad gives the mom a new Lexus with a bow on top. Has anyone ever had that given to them? Just curious...

This year, the DH got a Breitling Hercules, and I got the Brentwood LV Vernis in Amarante...

No car...haha...I got a 1,500 dollar laptop last year from mom and dad....does that count?

Though in a couple Christmases I will get a Chanel shopping spree and an Hermes. That will definitely be the most expensive holiday ever! (post-deployment $$$$)

Well this year my dad is paying for a wall unit that my hubby and I are having built...
other than that I would say my 1st laptop...
Most expensive gift I have given was when the 1st 60 gig ipod came out...

Received: Diamond right hand ring......still gaze lovingly at it!

Given: this year - DH got a new 52' LCD-HDTV (combo B-day and Christmas gift).....
Of course, he'll also get new DVDs to watch on it, and a few other things purchased before he mentioned the tv-deal. Lucky him this year!

Hermes Birkin, Togo, 35cm.........It wasn't new...it was a gift from my mom.....she gave me the one that she had for 3 years...still clean and good as new.....! it's sitting right next to me now! Love it! thanks Ma!

Last Christmas we were sitting around the tree at my parent's home and there was a huge box for me. I opened it thinking it was a new Chanel bag or something but among the tons of tissue paper there was a BMW car key. I expected my parents to give me my dad's 1.5 year old BMW X5 but they bought me a brand new one :biggrin: They hid it in the garage that is connected with the guest house and there was a big red bow on it. They filled the trunk with tiny balloons..it was really cute :biggrin: I started crying!!

Oh, memories... :angel:

Most expensive gifts received would have to be various jewelry pieces. Most recently, Mikimoto pearls two years ago, and last year, Anthony Nak large sapphire chandelier earrings. I wear those all the time. When I was in highschool (a very, very long time ago), my dad gave me black pearl earrings, which I still have and wear. That is probably up there for expensive gifts.

Most expensive gift given - I bought my parents a large painting for christmas this year. It was a few thousand dollars, and that is the most expensive gift I've given (although perhaps weekend away last New Year's to my BF was equally as expensive... I'm not sure).

If I were to receive a car as a gift (which it seems a few of you ladies have received) - I would want a mercedes (with a bow, of course) LOL :smile:

This year the single most expensive gift I'm probably going to give is the PS3 80gb for my DH. (He doesn't know -- I told him we should wait until we get a new TV to get the system.)

Generally DH and I don't spend much on gifts for each other (:crybaby:) but I'm hoping the dollar amounts will keep rising as we get older and more financially well off.