What's the max you'd spend on LV or do you set a absolute limit per bag?

sushigirl

Jun 5, 2008
I just ask because I find myself getting desensitized on their prices over time. Does anyone else feel like this? I find I am "pushing the bar" just a bit further over than I would have B.L.V. (before LV). So I ask, do you set an absolute budget and work with what you've got, or do you tip that scale some and have you regretted it?:biggrin:

i haven't "pushed the bar" YET...as for now i'm trying very hard to stick to my " i'm not going over 2k" limit i set for myself. haha but who know what will happen in the future when i get a gleams of the empreinte artsy in person. :shrugs:

I start out with an allocated budget amount and may stray a little from it...I agree about getting desensitized towards sticker shock! actually this purse habit has kept me from buying a lot of crap...I no longer have disposable income for nick nacks that I do not need...not that I need the amount of LV I have I just don't buy crap anymore...so I am ok with spending on LV

I keep raising the bar, unfortuantely. When I bought Coach, I had a $500 limit per bag. Then the bags I liked kept becoming more expensive to where I purchased a Coach that was $698, which I later returned.

Then, when I moved to LV, I said no more than $1000. Now I am looking at a bag that is almost $1600. That is probably my limit, for me. I really only carry one bag at a time though, so that is how I justify it. But, whatever I do purchase, has to be affordable for me at the certain time. If I have other expenses and I can't do a certain amount at a certain time, I won't.

I don't spend a lot on clothes or shoes though so handbags are my splurge.

I was making a limit to nothing over 2k as well, until I saw the Lumineuse in person and caved. Then a few months later my first chanel. Now I'm banned until later in the fall. LOL

I start out with an allocated budget amount and may stray a little from it...I agree about getting desensitized towards sticker shock! actually this purse habit has kept me from buying a lot of crap...I no longer have disposable income for nick nacks that I do not need...not that I need the amount of LV I have I just don't buy crap anymore...so I am ok with spending on LV

You know what? I so agree! I notice that since I have been working hard to save money to buy my next LV and not buying little crap I normally would tooI think it all works itself out in the end. My Dh looks at me like it's not the same thing but little crap adds up, no?? Good point... thank you!

i haven't "pushed the bar" YET...as for now i'm trying very hard to stick to my " i'm not going over 2k" limit i set for myself. haha but who know what will happen in the future when i get a gleams of the empreinte artsy in person. :shrugs:

Your limit makes me feel better:sneaky: I too said "nothing over $1000 but I tell ya, that galliera azur is just hauting me! I vision myself with it on my arm....sigh. One day she shall be mine! (here's hoping...)

I just ask because I find myself getting desensitized on their prices over time. Does anyone else feel like this? I find I am "pushing the bar" just a bit further over than I would have B.L.V. (before LV). So I ask, do you set an absolute budget and work with what you've got, or do you tip that scale some and have you regretted it?:biggrin:

this is exactly how i feel. i remember my first bag over $1000, i drove home laughing to myself a little hysterically because i'd never dreamed of paying so much for a bag (that was 2008-my Brown Watercolor Speedy). this past Feb. i bought one of the last Suhali Lockits around, the PM which was over or almost 3K when i added in taxes. i drove home that time kind of numb, a little "desensitized" i think.

but i've also returned a bag because i couldn't justify the high price with how i felt about the bag. it was a lovely black Mizi Vienna that i had searched for months for. while she was absolutely beautiful i just didn't love her and for a bag over 2K i knew i'd better be in love, not just like her. so back she went. and while i lust after a Mancrazy i doubt i ever get one because they're always really expensive.

i don't know what my personal limit is yet, i haven't denied myself of a bag that i really wanted because of the price. but i do think long and hard about how much i want a bag and do i love her, not just want a new bag to fill the void. does that make sense?

Your limit makes me feel better:sneaky: I too said "nothing over $1000 but I tell ya, that galliera azur is just hauting me! I vision myself with it on my arm....sigh. One day she shall be mine! (here's hoping...)

haha u and i both...i'm dreaming of something in azur too. i'm lacking a spring bag at least that's the excuse i'm using. i'm sure that one day will come very soon. once you been bitten by the LV bug theres no turning back.

this is exactly how i feel. i remember my first bag over $1000, i drove home laughing to myself a little hysterically because i'd never dreamed of paying so much for a bag (that was 2008-my Brown Watercolor Speedy). this past Feb. i bought one of the last Suhali Lockits around, the PM which was over or almost 3K when i added in taxes. i drove home that time kind of numb, a little "desensitized" i think.

but i've also returned a bag because i couldn't justify the high price with how i felt about the bag. it was a lovely black Mizi Vienna that i had searched for months for. while she was absolutely beautiful i just didn't love her and for a bag over 2K i knew i'd better be in love, not just like her. so back she went. and while i lust after a Mancrazy i doubt i ever get one because they're always really expensive.

i don't know what my personal limit is yet, i haven't denied myself of a bag that i really wanted because of the price. but i do think long and hard about how much i want a bag and do i love her, not just want a new bag to fill the void. does that make sense?

you make completely sense because i agree with everything you said. i can't afford to splurge and only buy the one i absolutely love. BTW that Mizi Vienna was beautiful, too bad you didn't love her.

yes, it really does. I too felt a bit pukey and light-headed after I bought my first (bh)...it was like an out of body experience :lol: and I remember clutching my heart in the faintest way possible. But, I see myself pushing the bar (on my price limit) and it's kinda scary. I agree not to buy just to buy tho.. and although it's painful to wait (the whole instant gratification thing) it's nice to finally get it...like a dream come true!

There are so many bags above my stipulated budget for each bag I'd spend on. So I tend to look only at those within my budget and try not to fall in love with those that are beyond. :amuse:It helps me stay in my budget. I simply cut off the ones that cost more and "desensitize" myself to those instead of to the prices! :yes:

I think that $1200 is my limit on bags...its my comfort zone to stay around or under $1000...I am just not comfortable spending more on one bag.

and......

only on the LV boards is that considered normal...even a little low compared to others:P in the real world its insane...

how many times have I caught myself saying oh that one is cheap its $800:shocked::smile: