What's the longest time you've gone between handbag purchases?

oooh Miss Sooky -- you are doing good!!! How many handbags do you own? Maybe when we get to a certain point, we'll get zen too? I'm hoping for the day. I sense it is soon for me. Congratulations and keep zen.

I have six.

1. A putty coloured Tods hobo for summer/casual wear, 2. A black 35 cm Birkin,
3. A 30 cm Gold Birkin
4. An LV Epi Passy
5. A bespoke and much loved Anya Hindmarch Ebury which is inscribed with a message from someone very dear to me
6. A workhorse Mulberry Araline that I fling over my shoulder in the rain, snow, wind etc.

I am actually about to part with one of the Hermes Birkins which will leave me with a small but much loved collection of five! Blame it on my recent rediscovery of yoga!

Miss Sooky! I am impressed with your collection. It is well thought out and brilliant. Very powerful handbags you have. No clutter! I like that. You have really distilled your style and know what works for your lifestyle. Congrats to you. I too am winnowing my collection and am feeling the zen of satisfaction about to come over me. You are an inspiration!

I think a month and a 1/2 after joining tpf. before it use to be months...

I think this year I've already bought about 15 bags, so maybe a couple weeks??

When I started collecting bags (Nov. 05) I bought like made but sold a lot, too. This year is much calmer as I'm really satisfied with the bags I've got. I bought the last one in March and I actually don't have the desire to buy another bag since there's nothing out there which I love.
I still want a black city and another BV in noce one day but I'm not in a hurry.
I feel like my collection is perfect as I have a bag for every occasion.
I have:
3 Balenciagas (first magenta, city turquoise and rouge vif work): my fun bags which matches everything
2 Chanles (grey reissuein 227 and classic flap in black in 226): the reissue makes every outfit look classy and the classic flap is for formal nights out.
1 BV (ball bag in ebano): perfect everyday bag
1 LV (denim baggy pm): perfect summer and holiday bag
2 Koobas (Sienna in desert, Lena in honey): for university

Miss Sooky! I am impressed with your collection. It is well thought out and brilliant. Very powerful handbags you have. No clutter! I like that. You have really distilled your style and know what works for your lifestyle. Congrats to you. I too am winnowing my collection and am feeling the zen of satisfaction about to come over me. You are an inspiration!
:tender:Aw, thanks TropicalGal! The thing is I am in my late 30s and it has taken an awful lot of mistakes along the way to get to the point where I know what suits my style and avoid the impulsive buy that sits reproachfully at the back of my wardrobe! Seriously, I have flirted shamelessly with Balenciaga, Luella, Fendi and others before realising they just weren't me. It's 'zen' but one day at a time with the knowledge I could always slip off the path!