What's the IT bag nowadays?

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Ok, so my bf is giving me $1500 to purchase a bag of my choice. I don't know which bag I want. I always wanted the Chloe paddington....but pple complain that it's too heavy and the screws and stuff are coming loose???

These are my choices so far:

Gucci medium tote is nice.......$830.00
Dior small trotter...................$575.00
LV speedy in multicolor.........$1710.00
Luella baby gisele..................$995.00
Luella stevie tote..........sale...$765.90

I would also consider a Chanel, but can't seem to find any online. I'm from Fayetteville, NC and there are no high end department or boutiques. There's a Saks w/ LV and a Nordstrom in Raleigh. Other than that there's nothing. Most of my purchases are online. I've never seen any of the bags in person except for the LV speedy in MC. I would consider any other bags if someone would post a pic up. Thanks you.

Attachments

• NMV6099_mp.jpg
    NMV6099_mp.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 39
  • p11048843_ph_hero.jpg
    p11048843_ph_hero.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 56
  • p10470364_ph_althero_White.jpg
    p10470364_ph_althero_White.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 39
  • NMV6804_mp.jpg
    NMV6804_mp.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 38
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 61
Luellas are also VERY heavy.

It looks like you prefer hand held versus shoulder?

And in terms of IT bags...there are so many. I think you should just go with what you like!

I recommend the Neiman Marcus website, as a least you can send it back.

Passing along a Tod's at neimanmarcus.com that I believe can be hand held or go on the shoulder (comes in black, too), $1050:

tod's decoupage.jpg

Tod's bags are very understated, but very very nice!!

And what a nice BF!

Thanks........btw I lived in Hawaii too. My best friend still lives there. Yes, I guess I do prefer hand helds more.

I have wanted some bags that i've seen online but when I go to the actual Saks store, they're not as appealing as on the website. So it's hard. Plus the Saks in NC is real small. Has LV boutique and some other purses here and there like Juicy, Theory, Luella, MJ. I do like the baby gisele which isn't as heavy as the large one but not as roomy =(.

I would really like to know what the Dior bag looks like before I order it.

Don 't just go with a bag because it is an it bag, go with something you like.

I like the LV multicolor speedy and the Luella stevie out of the choice above.
I also love the Denim LV I just got so maybe you would look into that.
My advice is to shop around.

Is the gift money only for one purchase? I'd get more bang for my buck and the the Dior Trotter and the Luella Stevie for still under 1500.

I'd probably go for a Paddington or a Mulberry myself. If your B/F is feeling particularly generous tell him my B-day is late May..LOL

Jinsun,

If you always liked Chloe Paddington, go for it.

If you get another bag, would you wish you got a Paddy in the first place? The newer Paddington Satchels are lighter. The thing with Chloe bag is that the leather varies from bag to bag, it would be nice if you can inspect some in person.

If you are up for it, I would recommend getting it from stores here (not NAP/LVR; S&H+custom_fees add up) with good/flexible return policy (ie. full refund, not just store credit; no restock fee) since you are unsure. Since there's a Nordstrom around your area, you can ask a local SA to request a bag from another store & ship it to you directly (S&H is waived). You might be able to get a 20% off on it today as well.

Good luck.. =)

bag.lover said:
Jinsun,

If you always liked Chloe Paddington, go for it.

If you get another bag, would you wish you got a Paddy in the first place? The newer Paddington Satchels are lighter. The thing with Chloe bag is that the leather varies from bag to bag, it would be nice if you can inspect some in person.

If you are up for it, I would recommend getting it from stores here (not NAP/LVR; S&H+custom_fees add up) with good/flexible return policy (ie. full refund, not just store credit; no restock fee) since you are unsure. Since there's a Nordstrom around your area, you can ask a local SA to request a bag from another store & ship it to you directly (S&H is waived). You might be able to get a 20% off on it today as well.

Good luck.. =)

Yes, Nordstroms often waives the shipping, what do you mean you can get 20% off, please share :smile:

Hey you can go online to chanel.com look at what they offer and then call the various stores or ask for a catalog. Plus some of the ladies here have beautiful bags and that can also give you a idea about what Chanel you might like. Just an idea.:idea: