What's the hottest handbag on ebay?

ladyisobel

Sarah
O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
Devon UK
well, thats going to be a matter of opinion isn't it ! i would say balenciaga, others would say ...well..something else.

Bags4Me2

O.G.
May 13, 2008
USA
As a seller I find Balenciagas fly off the shelf. Jimmy Choos are slooooooooow, any Jimmy Choo. Chanel sells well. Most other bags are about even in terms of sales. I sold 2 Prada Fairy bags this weeks within minutes of listing them, however, I know other Pradas I plan to sell will more than likely sit for a few weeks before selling. Lots depends on which bag from that designer you have listed.

Jaime

O.G.
Jul 4, 2006
I agree with the post above, its really a matter of opinion which is the 'hottest' bag on ebay because everyone likes different things. I personally would never buy a bag on ebay - ever. Regardless if its new or second hand, but thats just me. I do occasionally sell bags I no longer use or want but not often.

As a seller I find Balenciagas fly off the shelf.
I couldnt even sell one of these - and it was unused! I have bought it about 3 months earlier. It had the security tag attached from the store I bought it from which they attach at the point of sale and I was selling it for a few hundred less than I paid with a best offer option. I had heaps of watchers and no one bought it - I didnt even get an offer! (which I was surprised at, theres no harm in submitting an offer if interested)

Bags4Me2

O.G.
May 13, 2008
USA
I agree with the post above, its really a matter of opinion which is the 'hottest' bag on ebay because everyone likes different things. I personally would never buy a bag on ebay - ever. Regardless if its new or second hand, but thats just me. I do occasionally sell bags I no longer use or want but not often.

I couldnt even sell one of these - and it was unused! I have bought it about 3 months earlier. It had the security tag attached from the store I bought it from which they attach at the point of sale and I was selling it for a few hundred less than I paid with a best offer option. I had heaps of watchers and no one bought it - I didnt even get an offer! (which I was surprised at, theres no harm in submitting an offer if interested)
I have sold a lot of balenciagas so there are times I can sell one for less, such as if I am having a good week. Price makes the difference as well as the bag. If I had listed only 1 bbag it wouldn't have sold because I would have asked for more mulah and waited until I received an offer worth taking.

Also, forgot to mention Bottega Venettas have been good to me.

I would like to hear from other sellers what their best bag sales are.

Jaime

O.G.
Jul 4, 2006
Where I live they are not really sold in heaps of places and they are *very* expensive so I really gave it a good discount considering and the colour was no longer available in the style I had so Im not sure why there were so many watchers and not even an offer - I expected an offer even if it was too low to accept. Anyway I have decided to keep it, rather keep it than sell it for next to nothing.
The only bags I manage to sell are Chloes. No one really buys anything else even though they watch them. Might have something to do with them being really expensive here too but I often get Chloes imported during a sale (or through the outnet) and end up paying half or less than what I can get them for here in a store and so once theyre used on top of that I end up selling them for about 1/3 or 1/4 of the price of buying it here which in turn only causes me to lose out about $100-200 (or a little more.)
Examples, I sold one 2 weeks ago that I paid $1200 got $950 for it, rrp where I live was $2500 if bought from a store here. Then before that I sold one that I paid $850 for and got $730 (I intended to accept anything over $550 but the offer I got was more than that), rrp of that one was $1900 here. I always set my buy it now alot higher than I am willing to accept on best offers. Usually I am willing to accept up to $400 less that way I get what I want for it and the buyer believes they got a bargain because they got me down so far but sometimes someone comes in with an offer alot closer to what I listed it for which surprises me. I do encourage offers in my auction stating all offers will be considered.
I am just a small time seller though - I despise ebay so I only sell there when I have a few things to go and I want money for my next purchase or to make up for too much spending that month so I dont make enough to give things away. I used to sell constantly and make a mini business of it but with all the changes its not worth it to me.

Last edited:

L4F4

BITE ME
Apr 4, 2009
I don't understand this question because the hottest bag usually is the one you're going after, the one you like.

Apr 15, 2007
There are alot of choices in this category for sure.. balenciaga, chanel,

louis vuitton, bottega, ysl, prada. I guess the hottest bag is in the eye of the beholder.

Bags4Me2

O.G.
May 13, 2008
USA
I have had really good luck selling Jimmy Choo.

I don't:sad: Of course it could be the style that I am selling. Mine just sit and sit and they are brand new with tags too! Hundreds under retail! Maybe I am just supposed to own a few??? LOL