whats the different???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. friends, i wanna buy miu miu matelase, but im a bit confused whats the different matelase lux and matelase shiny?

2. hi finnz,
    think lux = shiny
    tts wat was told to me.

3. #3 Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
    matelasse = lamb skin
    matelasse lux = glazed calf skin

depending on the colour of the bag, a same style bag might be matelasse or matelasse lux.

4. thank u. i wanna buy black colour. and then i saw got 2 kind of leather.

5. here i got 2 bag. so the leather same or not?? thank u friends

irene's  bag.jpg

miu2 coffer.jpg

6. I think both bags are made of patent leather but in different colour.

7. as per my SA the "Shiny" is a plastic coated fabric - not leather.

8. The top one looks like the matelasse lux and the bottom one looks like the patent material (which is not actually leather, but a synthetic man-made material). Make sure you authenticate them before buying either.........;)

9. i put all the pictures in authentic tread. so can u help me is it authentic or fake? thank u very much :biggrin:

10. Thanks for correcting me and all the infor. I wouldn't pay as much money for a non-leather handbag.

11. Hope you get one of these gorgeous bags!

12. OMG- you're kidding- MM use synthetic leather??! Is it bad that I'm a little disapointed in them--!?

13. no it's not bad....... that's why I never buy those non-leather MM's or any other purses... unless they arel ike $30 u know.
    all brand uses "non leather" on some of their collections...
    just be educated before you make the purchase :smile:

14. Absolutely...! and you are SO right about every brand doing it at some point! In fact, I very nearly bought this:
    http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/Handbags/Chanel/Chanel-Large-Shopping-Tote/14509/18/142#
    ...before discovering it was just vinyl. Gabrielle would be turning in her grave lol. Even though it was only around £300, I passed. I'd rather have a smooshy leather MM, thank you very much!

15. I hear ya...
    I saw these new fall09 Chanel... same shape as the 2.55 but different quliting... it was plasticized fabric... still $15xx price tag.. just crazy... The texture of these Chanels feel like plastic and make that "sticky" sound when u touch it... yikes... that just ruins it for me u know

and MM has few "eco leahter" or plasticized fabric for fall 2009.... I guess everyone is trying to lower their prices for the economy, but it just ruins all the "romance" of designer bags.... moreover I would never fish out so much $ for a non-leather bag....

I still laugh at the term "eco leather" :roflmfao: