whats the difference between...........

mulberryforbes

★ Denise ★
Dec 23, 2012
The first and the town?

I plan on buying a preloved red bal, either 2007 tomato small city or should i stretch to the extra £200 to buy 2012 coquelicot town.

What would you buy and why?

Hi - both bags are very pretty - the leather on the older chevre tomato 07 city however will be so beautiful!
The Town does hold a fair bit less than a city, but it has a long (very long!) crossbody strap which you may prefer to a shoulder strap on a city?
If both are in the same condition, I would opt for the Tomato purely from a scrumptious leather point of view!

I dont carry much i prefer a small to medium size and like the option of a cross body strap but i am only 5"2 so a very long strap would prob not work for me.

I love the brightness of the town and the strap f it was to fit me, I like the shape and price of the small city i guess i could use the strap from my black mulberry bag if i really want to carry cross body.

The strap on my town is the same as my SBS and Lexy... not sure if this helps. Not an expert but I think the Mini City is a new style that only just recently came out so I'm not sure what sort of bag the 2007 tomato is?

I'm also going through this same dilemma! But I think it comes down to how much you carry with you on a daily basis. I personally like the shape and strap drop of the First! It slouches when worn on the shoulder, which I absolutely LOVE! However, I do see why you're also considering the Town - I love crossbody bags and I know this style would be super useful for me. I'm just worried about it looking too big/boxy as a crossbody (most of my crossbody bags are relatively small compared to the Town) I cannot decide myself! GL with your decision, let us know what you choose!

The town isn't a big bag... It's smaller than a regular Lexy. IMO the town is the perfect/best cross body bag out there..... (Kind of biased as I have one but I also own a Lexy and Bays satchel)....

I think i will know for sure when my chloe lily arrives its also a red cross body if i love it and keep it i wll go for the city if its going back i will get the town

I see the small stud city bag you have had authenticated is actually a First? I see your title says difference between a Town and a First but then you mentioned a City - it confused me but it doesn't take much to confuse me! :P
The First is smaller than the Town...with a shorter strap than the City :wacko:

I see the small stud city bag you have had authenticated is actually a First? I see your title says difference between a Town and a First but then you mentioned a City - it confused me but it doesn't take much to confuse me! :P
The First is smaller than the Town...with a shorter strap than the City :wacko:

Lol your confused, Im on another planet with all these bags.........................

So the one i had auth is a first and the other i like is a town?

I consider them both very nice for small bags. I have them both and I dare say I prefer the First. The Town is nice as it can be worn crossbody but the First is a sweety IMO.