What's the difference between Sophia's?

Gmag75

Dec 17, 2011
I have an old style small Sophia in blk leather. I'm liking her size a lot. Is there a difference bet the new and old style? I'm deciding on what color to get. Thanks!

Oh btw, im looking at either a patent in the old style orthe new ones in either cherry or persimmon. :smile:

There is definitely a difference between the two. There was a thread that had pictures of them side by side. The old style is prettier IMO, but I have one of the new style. In the new style, the decorative buckles go straight across the top instead of angling down. This keeps the purse from folding weirdly when using the shoulder strap but it makes the purse less slouchy. I have the new style in the plum patent and it is gorgeous. I think that since patent doesn't slouch, it works well in the new style.
Other than the slant of the buckles, there isn't much difference between the two.

There's also the pleat/panel on the front. Like on the old Sophias, there's a pleat in the middle at the bottom. With the new one, its more like a panel because the seams run down each side. I don't know if that affects the capacity of the bag, but I know that's one of the reasons I hunted down the old black Sophia rather than just get one of the new ones.

I have an old style small Sophia in blk leather. I'm liking her size a lot. Is there a difference bet the new and old style? I'm deciding on what color to get. Thanks!

Oh btw, im looking at either a patent in the old style orthe new ones in either cherry or persimmon. :smile:
NO all the new ones are the size of the old small@@@ thers is NO LONGER a small and large bag.

The buckels are different on the new compared to the old. rather then being on an angle the new ones are straight.

There's also the pleat/panel on the front. Like on the old Sophias, there's a pleat in the middle at the bottom. With the new one, its more like a panel because the seams run down each side. I don't know if that affects the capacity of the bag, but I know that's one of the reasons I hunted down the old black Sophia rather than just get one of the new ones.
I don't notice this difference on my Sophias. I have two new Sophias, croc and patent, and they have the same pleats that my old ones do. I think it is only true for the smooth leather bags. All of the fabric, the gathered leather and the textured leather styles have the same pleats as the old ones. If you are looking at the cherry or persimmon leather in the new styles, they have the seams, which I agree don't look as nice as the pleats. For patent, though, I don't think there is much difference between old and new.