What's the difference between Premier Designer and Designer?

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
The only difference I can attain is price and origin. Most, not all premier bags are made either in Italy or France while Designer handbags can have leather from Italy but are assembled in China.
***********0000ff][/COLOR]
***********0000ff]For the past 35 years I have been carrying gorgeous designer handbags; Biasa - (some made in Italy), Jano, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Kooba.:smile:[/COLOR]
***********0000ff][/COLOR]
***********0000ff]It wasn't until my big five-o that I wanted an "established" bag & treated myself to an YSL Rive Gauche which I love. :yahoo:But, I have to tell you, bag for bag, I think the designer bags over a long time will hold up better. I mean I WEAR my bags regardless of forecast! I don't nurse them. I am hard on them and they stand up magnificently so I was wondering if anyone had an answer. What justifies the difference in price tag ignoring the fact of where the bag was made? ;)[/COLOR]

I mean, I'm not expert but it seems like you pretty much hit the nail on the head with answering your own question, haha. A lot of high-end designers have less expensive lines like MBMJ, so the more expensive collection is considered the more designer of the two. The more expensive ones always seem to be put together better as well, seeing as it's obviously expected to be exceptionally produced. But, IDK if there's a difference with how the higher/lower end bags are manufactured.

If you really read a lot of the YSL blogs and some Prada blogs, you will notice huge complaints! i.e. in Prada, they have found the prices have dropped but the quality was substituted for pleather lining instead of real leather lining! In YSL, there are numerous complaints about water stains! Water stains!!!!!! Thousands on a bag and water stains?! I am sorry but I would be livid!!! I wear my bags regardless of make in all weather. Rain, sleet, snow and hail! Seriously! I only own leather bags.

I am contemplating making another plunge :thinking: - it's between a Bally hobo or a Bottega Veneta but I need to know either one can stand up well over time without being babied or having to worry about rain in the forecast :wondering

I just love love love gorgeous bags! I love the new YSL hobo, but won't buy it due to its open closure - it has to be perfect! ;)

^ ^ ^ I have a Veneta bag...the Carmino Royale...it got wet one time when my umbrella slipped and fell against it on London underground...there was this big damp splodge and I was terrified it would be stained forever, it was the most I have ever spent on a bag...but once it dried it looked good as new but for a tiny bit of wrinkling, and because it is a soft bag that crumples easily it isn't even noticeable, I couldn't tell you where it was now, unlike many bags I think this one actually looks better with a bit of wear. Not sure what experiences other BV bag owners have that they could share?