whats the difference between evergrain and evercalf?

Just want to remind us that we also have eversoft.....which I thought was for small goods, but then a while back someone saw a kelly in this leather. So can we talk about it, too? Then we will have all three of the Evers in the same thread!??

Evergrain is a natural grain, rather than being embossed like Epsom.

I have pics of my evergrain HAC but they are not closeups....won't be of much help, I feel. This leather comes closest to reminding me of swift....but, with more of a grain than swift. It has the presence of swift....

yummy!
thanks kloostie!!!
attachment.php

Here a picture of my Evercalf Birkin and a close up. It's very smooth and is shiny ... according to Jemznjewelz Evercalf looks just like barenia http://www.jemznjewels.com/noframe_...s+and+Birkins&type=designer&item=3364&i_n=11#

HK, this bag is absolutely stunning!!! Wow. I personally don't think it looks much like barenia though...barenia has a different texture (based on the close-up photo from the jemz website) and is more matte (unless it gets a patina). I feel like I have to find evercalf to see this leather for myself now!

HK, this bag is absolutely stunning!!! Wow. I personally don't think it looks much like barenia though...barenia has a different texture (based on the close-up photo from the jemz website) and is more matte (unless it gets a patina). I feel like I have to find evercalf to see this leather for myself now!

I think it's a totally 2 different leathers. Barenia is smooth, velvety and stiff. Evercalf is smooth, velvety and soft. It's really difficult to describe with words. I have attached a picture of Barenia and Evercalf leather. Hope it is clear enough.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 621
Very interesting thread! I have been asking myself the same question last week too.

So if Evercalf is very similar to Box, how do we differentiate by looking at it?

I don't have super sharp photos to show but I hope these are able to give some idea to those of you comparing evercalf and box.

Queenie - I will bring my evercalf KP and Box Birkin to show you tomorrow. I swear to you, they look alike. You will only know the difference by touch. It's the difference in their texture that is the giveaway. Evercalf is so soft.

Between Evercalf and Barenia - if you look at both of them side by side. They actually look alike. The Evercalf has a sheen but Barenia is matte. Barenia is however stiffer and abit thicker, although not very much.

Attachments

• Box vs Evercalf.jpg
    Box vs Evercalf.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 608