What's the difference between Coromandel & Coromandel Souple?

I compared the leather swatches for CDC and CDC souple today. They both look the same on the outset, in fact identical. But the feel is of course different.

I enquired with my store and was told that Paris has in fact been replacing their CDC orders with CDC souple, since a few seasons ago, and it's just that customers are not completely aware of it, and it's hardly specified in full in the leather description on the paper tag.

I compared the leather swatches for CDC and CDC souple today. They both look the same on the outset, in fact identical. But the feel is of course different.

I enquired with my store and was told that Paris has in fact been replacing their CDC orders with CDC souple, since a few seasons ago, and it's just that customers are not completely aware of it, and it's hardly specified in full in the leather description on the paper tag.

That explains it then. My bag was still in its shrinkwrap and therefore still had the original Paris tag attached to the box specifying CDC souple - otherwise I wouldn't have known the difference by looking at it or feeling it.

I think if you are aware of the two types that you can tell.

The CDC Souple when compared to the CDC is definitely softer. The CDC seemed more rigid to me in construction. Also, don't know if it was the color comparison or the lighting conditions, but the CDC seemed to glisten more than the CDC Souple.

Yes, I did notice too that the CDC glisten more than the CDC souple and thought perhaps it's because it's stiffer and reflect more light. I am probably not making sense! Just taking a wild shot.

I was given the impression that Paris has stopped CDC completely :shrugs:

I actually think I like a bit of softness in the CDC souple, and yet know that it won't slouch like swift or clemence.

From my experience, i think the CDC souple is thicker and a bit less rigid.

I always have this suspection that my HAC is CDC souple because it feels quite different than the other birkin in regular CDC. However, I never remember to check with my SA on this. Maybe next time i should ask her...

This is all very interesting! In Feb, some of us were told that Paris wasn't offering chevre at all. Do you think that in July, we can expect that CDC or CDC souple will be offered, esp in relation to Birkins? I have seen some chevre bags appear in the store, tho not Birkins.

Sue, we are seeing CDC bags in birkins, HAC and Kellys arriving at our store .... (these are deliveries for orders in Jul06)

And to my knowledge CDC/CDC souple was offered as an option for SOs. But in limited colours.

to Ms sparkles--may i ask about your avatar picture? is that your bag?

It's a 30cm Rose Shocking Chevre Mysore. And yes, it's in my closet.

attachment.php