What's the deal to open an account @ Saks fifth?

cocolan

Apr 1, 2007
How much discount on the first day shopping? Does that apply to LV? I'm in the US, but may visit France in a few weeks, shall I wait till then? I checked LV's official site, seems price is lower in France, even converted to US dollars. How much is the sales tax in France though? :confused1: Can someone give me some suggestions? :idea:

BTW, I'm in serious love with Mahina L, oh yeah, that's the baby I'm talking about :wlae:

From info in the forum, LV price in France is less.....don't know about the tax. Also, you get 10% off of anything but LV from opening SAKS card. No discount on LV ever

How much discount on the first day shopping? Does that apply to LV? I'm in the US, but may visit France in a few weeks, shall I wait till then? I checked LV's official site, seems price is lower in France, even converted to US dollars. How much is the sales tax in France though? :confused1: Can someone give me some suggestions? :idea:

BTW, I'm in serious love with Mahina L, oh yeah, that's the baby I'm talking about :wlae:
Prices in europe are with tax included. This can be deducted in the airport going thourgh some formalities, so this means you can get LV at about 12% cheaper than the actual prices in the france web when shopping in frace. :tup:

Thanks mumar_k and Liberte! You guys are awesome!!!!

I checked their official website, Mahina L is 1700 euro, and $2,740 US dollars. Given today's euro/dollar rate, this is 1700 * 1.435 = 2439.5, that is a lot lower compare to the US price, and that US price is before tax! In fact that's nearly 20% less. Am I right??? :nuts::wtf:

Thanks mumar_k and Liberte! You guys are awesome!!!!

I checked their official website, Mahina L is 1700 euro, and $2,740 US dollars. Given today's euro/dollar rate, this is 1700 * 1.435 = 2439.5, that is a lot lower compare to the US price, and that US price is before tax! In fact that's nearly 20% less. Am I right??? :nuts::wtf:

Actually even more as Liberte said can claim the tax back! OH I can't wait to visit France!!! Liberte do you happen to know the tax rate in France for the purchase?

If you do a search for VAT or Tax Free shopping in Europe, it will explain it and give percentages. I always just HAVE to purchase an LV when I visit Denmark since it is so much less than in US, even with the dollar rate.

You can expect to pay some kind of tax, but you will not receive 100% taxes back, at least in the places I've been. The government has to make some kind of money from the purchase & tourism. Also, the amount of tax back may depend on how much you spend.

Oh in France to get your tax back the man made me show him my purchase before he stamped the voucher! It is a little cheaper in France. At LV no discount but you can get Saks points.