What's the closest you've been to feeling like a celeb?

ahs483

Jun 17, 2006
Hi! So I was thinking today about moments that have made me really happy, and the two moments that came to mind were when I had felt like I was almost a celebrity, if that makes sense. Like, I felt like I was on the top of the world. The number one moment would be for my birthday, we stayed at the ritz carlton and then got to go shopping at louis vuitton the next day :biggrin: I got to walk around with a huge Louis bag and head back to the ritz and I just felt so special! Know what I mean?

So anyways, what's your most treasured, special, celeb-like moment?

When one of my second graders sees me anywhere out in public and their eyes get big and they whisper, "Mom, it's Mrs. ____" and smile shyly. You know, because teachers live at school. They don't go to Target or the grocery or anything! :lol:

When one of my second graders sees me anywhere out in public and their eyes get big and they whisper, "Mom, it's Mrs. ____" and smile shyly. You know, because teachers live at school. They don't go to Target or the grocery or anything! :lol:

I remember being SHOCKED when I saw my second grade teacher at McDonalds.:smile:

Just after I graduated from high school, a local publishing company published a short story of mine in one of their anthologies. This anthology is sometimes a required text in various pacific/asian literature classes at colleges/universities. Once, while I was at university, a classmate asked me to autograph my story for her. :P And when my BFF was at a university in california, she told me that the anthology was a required text in one of her classes & she told her professor she knew one of the authors.

Something recent that made me feel like a million bucks: I was having a tough day at work and instead of plugging away, decided to stop in at an event before heading home. I was on the list, but did not originally intend to attend. I wasn't dressed for the event, did what I could with my makeup and wrapped myself up for the bitter cold that evening. As I walked in to the event space, one of the tuxedoed ushers rushed up to me and exclaimed "You look so fabulous! Everything on you works, head to toe! I LOVE IT! Don't change a THING!" Made my evening. :blush:

that's because you live at the school to them ;)

Just after I graduated from high school, a local publishing company published a short story of mine in one of their anthologies. This anthology is sometimes a required text in various pacific/asian literature classes at colleges/universities. Once, while I was at university, a classmate asked me to autograph my story for her. :P And when my BFF was at a university in california, she told me that the anthology was a required text in one of her classes & she told her professor she knew one of the authors.

you are a celeb, you have been asked to autograph something :biggrin:

that is just too cool to have your story be required reading, it must be good

Something recent that made me feel like a million bucks: I was having a tough day at work and instead of plugging away, decided to stop in at an event before heading home. I was on the list, but did not originally intend to attend. I wasn't dressed for the event, did what I could with my makeup and wrapped myself up for the bitter cold that evening. As I walked in to the event space, one of the tuxedoed ushers rushed up to me and exclaimed "You look so fabulous! Everything on you works, head to toe! I LOVE IT! Don't change a THING!" Made my evening. :blush:

love when you feel like crap and someone just makes your day, I bet you were glad you went to that event

About 2 years ago we went to a Memorial Day weekend event at a museum. That evening they had a benefit dinner and dance, with a live big band. The band was great, but nobody was dancing. I love to swing dance (although frankly I'm not that great) and when they played Two O'Clock Jump my husband and I got out there. We were the only couple dancing, so we broke out just about every move we knew. :lol: When the song ended he made a big production out of it and dipped me, and the entire place broke out into applause. We took a bow and applauded the band. On the way back to our seats, several older folks were high-fiving us. It was so much fun!

I remember being SHOCKED when I saw my second grade teacher at McDonalds.:smile:

:lol: I specifically remember an incident where I saw my third grade teacher on a park bench kissing her boyfriend. I was floored!

haha...i have a few...here are some more entertaining, less glamorous ones...

I always place the catering order for my office, one day I ran in to the restaurant spur of the moment to talk to them, and when I told them who I was they were like, "hey youre, Jane Doe!, hey (they yell in the back) guess who's here, its Jane Doe!"...I guess it was funny for them to see in person the physical person who they interact with on a weekly basis.

another: I was in Canada walking down the street and we passed a group of guys. One turned and shouted, "Hey, you're JANE DOE!" and everyone passing by turned to look. Im not sure who the guy was since I was about 5 hours from my home town. But everyone was looking at my like i must be someone.

I got the VIP treatment at Dior in Vegas once (I have a feeling they thought my dear father had money to spend by the way he dressed, and that I was the mistress he was gonna spend it on - It's happened before, "Oh your husband is waiting for you!" LOL). The poor man was sweating like I pig on the couch when the SA's came running with $4,000 -and up - bags. But oooooh was I enjoying myself! :P

MsFrida - yess that is what I'm talking about! When I posted this I meant for it to be more of a shopping/glamorous thing but I guess people took it differently.

But I would have enjoyed that too!!!

^Didn't take it the wrong way. That's just the closest I've ever come (or want to ever come!) to feeling like a celebrity. Frankly, I don't admire or envy celebrities.;)

LOL... This just happened today but it was my dogs that were the celebs. I was just the proud manager/stage mom.

I met a friend today at the LV on Rodeo and we were totally mobbed by this huge crowd of French tourist right as we were about to walk into LV. There must have been 20 people and they all wanted to take Sammy and Bella's pictures in their stroller. Today they were total superstars. Same thing happened while at lunch. As people were walking by they would ask to take their photos. This happens all the time but today seemed more then normal.

Sammy (the bigger one) is such a camera whore. He sees a camera and he sits up and looks right into the camera. Bella will sometimes but most of the time she is clueless. That is how come he is in all my photos. He just sits there and looks right into the camera. Bella will not sit still unless she is in the stroller. They both just curl up in the stroller. They NEVER try to jump out.