Whats The Best Way To Hush A Person In The Movie Theater ?

^ good choice..however the green ones tend to have more impact.Mind you ,this is just from one persons perspectives....Red is also a good color for high impact in the scalp region.

I just shhhhhh loud enough for them to hear. If they turn around & give me an attitude, then I have one right back to give them. And, 9 times out of 10, I have a complete stranger backing me up.

Jill said:
^ good choice..however the green ones tend to have more impact.Mind you ,this is just from one persons perspectives....Red is also a good color for high impact in the scalp region.

ah yes, red. blends well with the blood. I do however find the special edition pastels for Easter provide that pastoral effect needed to quiet someone down.

(assuming they are behind me, which they usually are for some reason) I just turn around and blink at them until they shut up. If they say "what?" I lift one eyebrow and give them my death stare. that usually works. I highly recommend honing your death stare on rude cashiers, SAs and neighbors that mow their lawns at 8am on saturday mornings!

also, I dont like to thrown M&Ms or duds, they made clattering sounds when they hit the ground. I much prefer half chewed gummy bears. Nothing like a sticky clear (I never eat that icky flavor anyway) gummy bear on someone's forehead to get your point across! ;)

I'm guility of taking calls in a theater (on vibrate!), but I always whisper with my hand cupped around the mic and tell them I'm in a movie and will have to call them back. I usually only do that when it's a family member or a number I don't know, though. But some people talk reallly loud and that's annoying. I don't really do anything except for pray to God that he makes them go away.

I got a question for you all: how do you handle someone kicking the back of your seat?

I swear, every time I go to the movies someone always kicks my chair! Repeatedly. Most of the theatres here have chairs that recline a little so if I know their foots right there I slam myself backward into their foot :P It actually works sometimes.

To quiet people down I would just stare or turn around a few times and glance at them, and if someone was kicking or putting their feet on my chair I'd turn around and say "This is not your house. Get your feet off my chair now! I hate when ppl are rude while you're watching a movie!

Deborahsue said:
Last time this happened I was trying hard to ignore it but finally just lost it and turned around and said "SHUT UP" and immediately some stranger sitting elsewhere said "YEAH!!!"

LOL! I hate loud people at the movies. Or kids, at the 12:01 showing of whatever, and the kid cries during either parts, or, most of the movie. ug. I didn't pay 10 bucks to hear a kid cry. I babysit to do that!

I recently freaked out on the folks behind me in DaVinci Code giving the play-by-play. My first half-turn, full-turn, evil eye, loud "shush!" efforts did nothing, so I eventually turned around and said in a loud voice "Be Quiet". They were so embarassed that everyone in the theatre started looking at them that they finally shut up.

This is why I'm such a huge netflix fan!