What's the best longlasting foundation for a humid Caribbean wedding?

kachesle

Mar 15, 2007
I'm getting married in the Virgin Islands in June, and I'm not sure what type of foundation to use. Although I am having my makeup professionally done, since my test is the day before the wedding--the only time I could squeeze it in--I feel like I should come prepared with a backup plan in case I hate what they do. I would like to find my own concealer and foundation anyway, because we are doing four hours of pics outside before the ceremony, so I will definitely need to reapply!

I've been asking at makeup counters and such, but of course sales ladies only recommend their own brands. Of these, the DiorSkin forever seems promising--waterproof, no rubbing off (great so my fiance's linen suit doesn't get foundation on it), supposedly stays on no matter what. My only issue is I want my skin to look natural, not all made up--would this be too much?

If you have other recommendations, please let me know! I'm headed to Sephora in a couple days to try out more products.

I'm getting married in the Virgin Islands in June, and I'm not sure what type of foundation to use. Although I am having my makeup professionally done, since my test is the day before the wedding--the only time I could squeeze it in--I feel like I should come prepared with a backup plan in case I hate what they do. I would like to find my own concealer and foundation anyway, because we are doing four hours of pics outside before the ceremony, so I will definitely need to reapply!

I've been asking at makeup counters and such, but of course sales ladies only recommend their own brands. Of these, the DiorSkin forever seems promising--waterproof, no rubbing off (great so my fiance's linen suit doesn't get foundation on it), supposedly stays on no matter what. My only issue is I want my skin to look natural, not all made up--would this be too much?

If you have other recommendations, please let me know! I'm headed to Sephora in a couple days to try out more products.

You're not going to believe what I'm about to say, but revlon colour stay in the oily/combination skin worked for me. Last December I attended a destination wedding in the carribean and that was the ONLY foundation that worked in that humid weather. I couldn't believe that a drugstore foundation worked over NARS sheer glow, and MUFE mat velvet, and MUFE face and body.

I'd stick with a pancake makeup like Max Factor. You have to practice using it for a bit until you become comfortable with the wet-on-dry application. I've had good results with pan makeup. All liquid foundation just runs off of me and the cream compacts are too greasy for me.

You're not going to believe what I'm about to say, but revlon colour stay in the oily/combination skin worked for me. Last December I attended a destination wedding in the carribean and that was the ONLY foundation that worked in that humid weather. I couldn't believe that a drugstore foundation worked over NARS sheer glow, and MUFE mat velvet, and MUFE face and body.

I second the Revlon Colorstay recommendation...:tup:

Tonight I tested out (and then bought) Bobbi Brown's new foundation designed for long-lasting, semi-matte, very natural coverage. It has SPF 15, is oil-free, and the description says that it is ideal for humid climates. I never liked any long-wearing or waterproof makeup until I started using Bobbi Brown long-wearing gel eyeliner, so I decided to give this one a try. It absolutely disappears into your skin and has a fantastic texture.

I would definitely recommend checking that one out - it is so new that Bobbi Brown doesn't have it on her website yet, but Nordstrom's does. The online reviews in a variety of places have been excellent:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3079296...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6017608&P=1

And if you want an excellent eyeliner that comes in a great range of colors and stays put through anything, try her gel eyeliner. The same goes for the cream eyeshadows - I have oily lids and wear them without any eyeshadow primer for 8-12 hours all of the time with no creasing or color changes at all.

Sorry to sound like a Bobbi Brown commercial but for long-wearing, natural makeup, she's unbeatable, IMO. ;)