What's the best brush to use for Cream Blushes?

nprotundo

Oct 23, 2007
I've recently discovered creme blushes and I particularly like the Bobbi Brown Pot rouge blushes and so far I've only been applying it using my fingers. While I like that method, there are days when I do not want or feel like sticking my fingers into the pot and getting my fingers dirty. I also feel like no matter how clean my fingers are, that I'm somehow transferring bacteria and all that nastiness to the blush. I have a couple of natural hair blush brushes like Louis Young and Bobbi brown but it seems like I waste so much product on the brush just trying to get the color to show up my cheeks as oppose to using my fingers. Should I be using a synthetic brush? I have the MAC 187, and I've tried that to apply the creme blushes, but I feel like its not dense enough to grab enough pigment. Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

This might be some help

http://www.google.com/#q=cream+blus...gc.r_pw.&fp=9072aabcc49e1448&biw=1125&bih=765

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/...at-top-blusher-brush-a-budget-friendly-beast/

I've recently discovered creme blushes and I particularly like the Bobbi Brown Pot rouge blushes and so far I've only been applying it using my fingers. While I like that method, there are days when I do not want or feel like sticking my fingers into the pot and getting my fingers dirty. I also feel like no matter how clean my fingers are, that I'm somehow transferring bacteria and all that nastiness to the blush. I have a couple of natural hair blush brushes like Louis Young and Bobbi brown but it seems like I waste so much product on the brush just trying to get the color to show up my cheeks as oppose to using my fingers. Should I be using a synthetic brush? I have the MAC 187, and I've tried that to apply the creme blushes, but I feel like its not dense enough to grab enough pigment. Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

BB pot rouges, love them so much. I have found is so much easier to apply them with brushes. And the resulst looks much better than with the fingers. I like to apply them using two brushes a sonia kashuk foundation brush to place the rouge on my cheeks and then blend it with the MAC 188 brush. Hope this helps.

Do the rouge pots have good lasting power?

MAC cream blushes and Nars Multiple sticks don't stay on too long for me.

I always use my fingers as well. But it sounds like a flat brush would work nicely for this purpose.

I cannot stand using fingers for any type of makeup application. For cream highlighters & blushes I use MAC 130 & MAC 109 & buff it out with a Bobbi Brown Face Blender brush or a Kabuki brush.