what's the best BODY lotion on market ? Or What do you use ? And how do you like it ?

Jan 29, 2006
Since winter is here...our skin on our body tends to be alittle more dry than usual and I'd like to know what is the most moisturizing body cream/lotion out there in the market ?

i know we've talked about face creams/lotions...let's suggest our favorite body lotions ? And any opinions you have on it ? :smile:

The best thing I've found for my skin is Walgreen's Shea Butter Petroleum Jelly Cream. It is the thickest, richest cream ever. I have CRAZY sensitive skin, and this is odorless and non-irritating, which is a must for me.

I know a lot of people steer clear of mineral oil and petroleum jelly, but there's been newer research that shows they're not so bad after all. I just came across this article about it from Paula Begoun of Paula's Choice:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=178

For me what it boils down to is that I refuse to pay $20 or $30 for a cream I'm going to use once, have an allergic reaction to and never use again. Besides the Walgreen's cream, I also love 100% shea butter and Cetaphil Cream. They're all really cheap and easy to find :tup:

Ahava Dermud Dead Sea body cream. ridiculously rich and wonderful, but also not at all irritating or heavy, somehow. It's actually made with mud from the Dead Sea (Ahava is an Israeli company). When my mom first found it (her friend that lives in Texas told her about it), the only place to get it in Atlanta was a small Jewish goods store, but the line is so great that it's expanded really quickly. it's now carried in larger Bath and Body Works stores. it's a tad pricey for body cream at about $30/bottle, but my mom and i both have unreasonably dry skin and it's the only thing that puts a dent in it.

a good alternative is Gold Bond ultra moisturizing cream - you can get it almost anywhere and it's $8/bottle. i'd recommend that if you can't find Ahava in your area.

I use Avon's Moisture Therapy Lotion (Intensive) almost exclusively--and very religiously. It's the only Avon product I use, and I order it on a regular basis. I've found that it moisturizes better than any other lotion I've ever used. I have very very very dry skin, and I'm prone to drying rashes on my legs, and I also shower in extremely hot water, and I have dark skin which shows dryness visibly, so I need all the moisture I can get, and this stuff is excellent.

Kiehl's Creme de Corps is the best. And it works so well.

I love the scent and quality of L'Occitane's Milk Body Cream too...the scent makes me feel so happy, warm, and loved. (there's more to the loved part that i shall not post here! ;) )