Whats the best bag for me? Looking for shoulder bag with a zip close only?

kara_n

Feb 7, 2008
I've been looking at the Odeon PM, and I also like the Stresa PM..Monogram ones. Huge price difference though? The Stresa is bigger I know that..I believe these are zip close, yes ?

I'm new to LV (Chanel girl at heart), but would like a change...I always stayed away from LV because a lot of the colors are more neutral and never thought it would go with my wardrobe..

I would like to take it traveling. Planning on going to Poland in May, and it's probably going to be a bit rainy ? How bad is the rain for these bags??

I'm 19, will be 20 in a few months...and I'm only about 5'3" - 5'4" and kinda thin..do you think they would work on my body type?

I feel like the Odeon is a messenger right? Can you make it shorter and wear it on shoulder?

Any other suggestions? I'm really lost hah sorry...Any advice would be appreciated...

Welcome! Have you considered the Totally MM? It comes in the classic Monogram print as well as Damier Azur (cream & blue checkerboard). It has two shoulder straps and a zipper closure. I plan to purchase this for school in Fall 2012.

Also if it's gonna be raining I'd think more about an Damier Ebene pattern... that way you won't be super stressed about the vachetta getting stains... :smile: I tell you because I bought my Neverfull GM for a trip abroad too and so that way I won't worry all the time about my bag...If not.... I love the Odeon too! I think it's so useful and it looks gorgeous!!!

If it's going to be rainy when you travel, you'd benefit from purchasing the damier ebene. The rain will harm the other bags (monogram and damier azur) because they have the vachetta leather. Don't know which bag in particular would meet your criteria, but just wanted to mention about the pattern.

I think maybe the damier ebene westminster would be a good idea. it zips closed and has no vachetta, so no need to worry about weather / rain issues.

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure if you have considered this one but the Estrela is a great bag. It is very roomy and zips. This bag is in monogram only (I'm not a big fan of the Damier print) :welcome2:

I wouldn't wear a brand new bag with vachetta leather on a rainy vacation :sad: If you're willing to go to ebene I think it's gorgeous, and durable.. I would 2nd the Westminster idea, or Bloomsbury (crossbody) or maybe an Elegie in fusain if you need the LV monogram on there... otherwise wait until you get back from your trip to get a beautiful monogram canvas bag. :smile:

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not all that interested in damier ...wish I liked it more, but I don't.

I like the colors in monogram more...and the cute designs...not necessarily because of the logo though...

I have a Gucci crystal GG tote, but it doesnt zip and it is quite big...I haven't used it much, kind of a waste of money...but, I need something will zip...but the material would be great for the rain I think...(the gucci canvas I mean)

I have read about treatments for the bag...by lovin my bags ?? Does treating it with that stuff help if it gets wet?

I guess maybe I'll have to re-think getting an LV so soon...I really want a bag that will hold up ok in the rain, that I will also want to use on sunny days too...

I don't know how much you want to spend, but I love my Evora MM in Damier Ebene. You can carry it on the shoulder and on the wrist. Also, if you buy the adjustable strap, it can also be worn cross body. It has a zippered top and an outside zippered pocket for easy access to your cell phone. I love mine. It's fantastic! Rain or shine, it possibly the most perfect everyday bag I've ever owned.