What's the average time you keep a Mulberry?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was working out how long I've had some of my Mulberries & realised that 18 months is a long stay in my wardrobe!
    Last year I did a lot of impulse buying and those bags have now gone but the keepers are still relatively new.
    Coral Agyness was last summer; aqua Mabel & red Ayanna were December; red Mabel was last autumn. Tangerine Araline has been around the longest. Milton hobo is a newbie.
    How I'd love to be someone who has a bag for years & loves it & uses it for all that time but that's not me.
    So, what's the average lifespan of a Mulberry in your wardrobe?

2. Well so far my Annie has been there since xmas 2006 and i would never part with her. ledbury is the only one I've parted with and she only stayed for 4 months before realising i'd probably never use a hand held only bag. I like the idea that the bags I've bought will be here with me for years!

3. I like to think I'll have all my bags forever. The trouble is I'm so fickle. I know turnover will be high. That said, I really don't think I'll ever part with my Phoebes, Mabel, Joni, Roxy tote or Somerset.

4. I'm having a major re-think on my Pebble Ledbury. I'm too scared to use her where I live as at the moment we have a problem with handbag thieves and they are actually targeting women that are carrying their bags in the crook of their arm. I do love Ledbury and will probably end up keeping it as ebay is just far too scary.

5. ^^How about moving? :roflmfao:

6. ^^^ I am!

7. I'm sure they'll still be occasions when pebble ledbury could get an airing Riff

8. I do hope so Jo, as I really enjoyed carrying it.

9. I don't ever part with bags!
    The only one I have given away is an antony (outlet choc one) that I gave to my neice as I just never used it. I also have an oak one (non outlet) that I never seem to use either.
    I keep my bags for years (have a 23 year old LV Speedy 30 that I NEVER use but would never give her away either)
    I keep thinking that I may send my oak blenheim on her way but never do as I am the type that worries that I'll regret it at some point.

10. probably 6 to 12 months, I still haven't used Pebble Mabel ( as hubby doesn't know about it yet)!! I think the longest time so far is my little red Mabel. Last April or May, I think.

11. #11 Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
    Hmmm, I'm not sure :confused1: My oldest Mulberries (Elgin, Joni & Araline) are from winter 2006, which is when I started buying from Mulberry. I've sold the bags that pre-dated these (2 MJs and a Tods) so I guess I'd have to say 2 years. However, I can't see myself ever selling my Elgin :nogood:

I sold most of the bags I bought in 2007 which, I think, is quite telling about my purchasing habits at the time :tdown: I was so seduced by the quality of the Elgin that I just rushed into buying more bags as they were bargains. In fact, the only bag that I bought in 2007 that I still own is my MbyMJ Faridah. I've sold all the Mulberries I bought in 2007 - Emmy, Bayswater, Ayler, Phoebe & green Joni.

My 2008 purchases were, I guess, more considered. Poppy, Roxanne, Mini Mabel, Milton & Large Mabel are all definite keepers - can't see myself ever selling any of them :shrugs:

I sold my Jody but only because the orange Mabel was such a similar shade. Even when I was packaging it up to post, I was thinking "I love this bag" :lol:

My question marks are, I guess, Somerset & Maggie as I haven't used them yet. And my purple EW Bayswater. Somehow, I can't bring myself to sell this little beauty :nogood: but I know it's not a bag that I'm going to use loads. I think I'm going to try and use it for evenings though :idea: as I do love it.

ETA My aim isn't to have a revolving door to my bag collection. I'd ideally like a collection of bags that I use and that I love; that will improve with age; that serve their purpose. I don't want to get into the habit of "renting" bags - buying on impulse, using for a season, then selling as I've gone off them :nogood:

12. Ditto, and think i've finally got my little collection. Am adoring choco phoebe. The medium sized choco shoulder bag was definately what i was missing. Think they are all keepers now!

13. I've got my little lot down to a core collection. Reds for winter & the aqua/turquoise for a zing in summer. I'm hoping they'll all be hanging around for a good while now. Well, at least into next year!

14. I have got some that have been with me for approx 3 years now and they aren't thinking of moving out.

15. I have had my oak bays and Roxanne about 3 years and they are not leaving me . I really try to think out my purchases these days and not impulse buy . The bags I have now I love and can't really see me parting with many . They all get used in turn .