what's the age of your oldest hermes?

1980 black box Constance with GH. The chevre interior is as supple and elastic as any new bag, and the leather still looks great. I did have the strap replaced though because it had started to develop just a few hairline cracks. Now it looks like a brand new bag!

20cm black box Kelly - around 20 years old

HermesMiniKellyandPelicanCharm.jpg

wow...beautiful bags and in such pristine condition. looking at the pics, i'd have never guessed the age of them. thank you for sharing:heart:. a hermes bag is one that can be past down to the next generation and after. i'm new to h and this fact makes me even more fond of hermes. isn't the quality and craftman's efforts so amazing?

I also love the history that comes with an older bag. I imagine that my Croc Kelly has lead a life of leisure....luncheons and evenings out on the arm of a well-healed lady wearing gloves and a little hat. LOL!!!!

I NEVER have a problem buying older Hermes bags because as long as you're careful that there's no drying or cracking, you'll most likely get a fantastic piece of craftsmanship that will last for decades!!!! AND you will always be able to get these bags taken care of at the spa for the rest of their lives!!! What can be better than that!!!!

My beloved Croc Kelly is from the 1950's and the oldest is my Marron (although I can't be sure of this color) Box calf Kelly with what looks like a sideways "V" on the strap and that's it. Both with brass hardware.......:love::love::love:

Someone told me craftsmanship is better on the older bags because they are not overwhelmed with incredible demand. Is this true? Are you able to compare a vintage bag with a more recent one to come up with a conclusion?

There should be a date stamp somewhere possibly. But they can be hard to find. Do you have a pic? Then someone will be able to tell you where the stamp might be.