What's so special about a longchamp?

i LOVE mine. It's my rain bag, and also I carry my books/computer in it occasionally for class. It's a great lightweight, roomy bag. And, as for the price on the bags, the cost per use has been very low. I switch to mine 3 or 4 times a week, depending on what i need to carry and the weather

wow, i am so in the minority. i have to say i hate this bag. every single girl on my campus has it and i just don't get it. i don't think they're good looking. and i don't understand why anyone would pay $120 (i think that's how much the big ones cost right?) for a nylon bag...i understand they're durable, but i'm pretty sure you can find something of good quality like that for less than that price. seeing them all day long just makes me think "conformity" i also go to a small school so it's particularly annoying that people have 0 individuality.
I'm sooo done with Longchamp as I've posted before. I know everyone loves them and I'm also in the minority here. My mom should get her money back for the first pliage she bought me and i should get my money back for the one i bought myself because i needed a tote in a darker color. I need to mention that my mom bought the first pliage IN FRANCE on a vacation she took and it was MADE IN CHINA. I know that's how it is now but it still disturbs me. Both bags started tearing after a year and a half around the corners. I only used these bags probably three months out of the year and I always carry pens inside a pouch so nothing inside the bag was puncturing the nylon. The whole thing is ridiculous for a $145 dollar bag. I will see if LC is willing to do free repairs because obviously I'm not giving them another cent. There are so many gorgeous bags out there today, this is nothing special in my opinion.

I'm sooo done with Longchamp as I've posted before. I know everyone loves them and I'm also in the minority here. My mom should get her money back for the first pliage she bought me and i should get my money back for the one i bought myself because i needed a tote in a darker color. I need to mention that my mom bought the first pliage IN FRANCE on a vacation she took and it was MADE IN CHINA. I know that's how it is now but it still disturbs me. Both bags started tearing after a year and a half around the corners. I only used these bags probably three months out of the year and I always carry pens inside a pouch so nothing inside the bag was puncturing the nylon. The whole thing is ridiculous for a $145 dollar bag. I will see if LC is willing to do free repairs because obviously I'm not giving them another cent. There are so many gorgeous bags out there today, this is nothing special in my opinion.

LC will fix the worn corners forfree once during a bag's lifetime. After that, ther prices for repairsare very reasonable. One of thereasons I love LC and will buy their leather and nylon products in the future.

I am in camp Longchamp. I own three LP totes and the oldest one is from 2009. It has travelled to many places with me as a carry-on tote and work bag. Didn't know they offer repair services. Such a pleasant surprise! While $125 is not cheap, it is still good value within reasonable prices. We have witnessed the crazy price increases for luxury brands such as LV and Chanel in the reason years and the quality doesn't really keep up IMHO.

Ever since I bought my first Longchamp a couple years ago, I fell in love with the brand, and immediately understood the hype surrounding this bag. It's remained my favorite brand all of this time later, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

It's practical, classic, and simple...the three hallmarks of my preferred style. It fits seamlessly into my lifestyle, and I love that it is understated, yet iconic. It doesn't demand attention like some bags, but rather quietly and dutifully performs...like a tried and true confidante, this bag is seen so often and so indiscriminately on every type of woman, because it delivers when called upon.

A great bonus to this bag is its lightweight quality- I ended up selling four leather bags, because Longchamp spoiled me with its sheer lightness, and I couldn't bare to lug around those anchors anymore.

Longchamp FOR THE WIN! :woohoo:

A great bonus to this bag is its lightweight quality- I ended up selling four leather bags, because Longchamp spoiled me with its sheer lightness, and I couldn't bare to lug around those anchors anymore.

The lightweightness is totally a win for me too!! When I go on holiday I usually carry a backpack onto the plane (say no to checking in luggage :P) but who wants to carry a huge backpack around a ~cool city~ like Paris or London? Not me :P So I fold my LP and pop it in, and voila :biggrin:

Yeah, I think since a while back production of the Nylon LPs have mostly been done in China, although I did read somewhere that if you poke around the boutique a little bit there are still a few Made in France, and apparently those have a slightly thicker canvas. I kinda wish I knew that before I bought mine, as I would totally have rooted around in the store until I got one that was made in France (hashtag shameless).

How is it that you paid $145 for it though? I paid €80 when I got mine in France, and I don't think the nylon Le Pliages get any more expensive than that. Plus, if you're not a resident in the EU, you could have gotten some tax back at the airport (I think).

In any case, they definitely fix the corners for free the first time. I would email the local store in your area and ask if you could just bring it in. The corners is a known problem with nylon Le Pliages, and I think the Neo material holds up so much better in that regard than the nylon material, but in any case it should be free.

Edit: My bad! Just went on the Longchamp website and realised that the large shopping bag retails for $145 on the US site... That seems like a rather ridiculous difference in price seeing as that's roughly €127, which is 1.6x of the European price :O :O :O

Ever since I bought my first Longchamp a couple years ago, I fell in love with the brand, and immediately understood the hype surrounding this bag. It's remained my favorite brand all of this time later, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

It's practical, classic, and simple...the three hallmarks of my preferred style. It fits seamlessly into my lifestyle, and I love that it is understated, yet iconic. It doesn't demand attention like some bags, but rather quietly and dutifully performs...like a tried and true confidante, this bag is seen so often and so indiscriminately on every type of woman, because it delivers when called upon.

Well said! Totally agree with everything esp being spoiled. I am so much more intolerant of heavy bags now. :smile:

I have two dozens of them and am especially fond of the special editions. I have many, among them rare ones. For me these are works of art.

I'm in Switzerland where a lot of people can afford designer brands and so a lot of Longchamp bags are available second hand, in mint condition and for a good price.

I have all kinds, sizes and series (XLIGHT, regular le pliage, néo, planètes, foulonne wallet, special editions) of Longchamp.

I love their durability, lightweight (I go everywhere on foot or with public transport so that 's HUGE for me), they're waterproof. Thanks to the leather details they are sporty/slick but still stylish imo.

I work in adult education.
My go to setup is either the large shopping bag in navy or the light grey document holder for the work stuff + any of the smaller shoppers/special edition bags.

Last edited:
I have two dozens of them and am especially fond of the special editions. I have many, among them rare ones. For me these are works of art.

I'm in Switzerland where a lot of people can afford designer brands and so a lot of Longchamp bags are available second hand, in mint condition and for a good price.

I have all kinds, sizes and series (XLIGHT, regular le pliage, néo, planètes, foulonne wallet, special editions) of Longchamp.

I love their durability, lightweight (I go everywhere on foot or with public transport so that 's HUGE for me), they're waterproof. Thanks to the leather details they are sporty/slick but still stylish imo.

I work in adult education.
My go to setup is either the large shopping bag in navy or the light grey document holder for the work stuff + any of the smaller shoppers/special edition bags.
Please share photos of them in the sub-topic "Show us your Longchamp!" I'd love to see your special edition ones! :heart: