What's so great about the speedy style?

I thought I was a shoulder bag person as well, but since I got my DS 30 1.5 months ago I feel more comfortable with my Speedy now. Also it is casual, also can be very serious looking. My point is, your personality impacts the whole image when you carry Speedy.

Hi there! I'm posting this thread for educational benefit on my part. I noticed in reading another thread that a lot of you are fans of the speedy. So I was just curious - what's so great about that style? I had a MC speedy in black that was so heavy I decided to sell it. I haven't had experience with any other speedy bag but am actually considering it due to it's popularity. Please enlighten this country bumpkin on the great merits of the speedy! :smile:

Universal, goes with everything depending on the speedy, can be dressed or worn casual.

It's something about the shape of it! It's simple, classic and can store lots of stuff. And like the others said, it looks great dressed up or down!

Plus, Audrey Hepburn had it! LOL... lots of celebs do too!

i love the speedy for many reasons. i have the cerises speedy and a mono in the 25 size and a white MC. i use the 25s more often only because, not only am i scared to get the MC dirty, but everytime i use it, i end up scratching someone's car with it! it's also a little heavier than the 25s, because it has so much more hardware than the the other two bags. i wouldn't mind another speedy either a damier 30 or a mono 35. the style and shape of the speedy looks good with everything! dressy, casual, you name it... :graucho:

My Speedy 25 is probably my favorite bag ever. It works in almost any situation, goes with everything, fits a ton and is just so cute! I take mine to the gym, shopping, casual nights out, you name it. :yahoo:

I first saw the Speedy 7 years ago, when I didnt really know anything about designer bags. I thought it was just a "cute" bag. Recently (about a yr ago) I saw a lady with it, and HAD to HAVE it. Everytime I tried to get one, my money went on other stuff, so I thought I would never get it. This past december, my husband suprised me with my dream bag, a Monogram Speedy 30. I love it very much, and I use it about 5-6 days a week.

The reason I love it, is because you can dress it up and down. Ive never had a bag that looks great with everything that I wear, and even though its brown it goes with EVERYTHING. How can you not love a bag like that? :smile: