What's so great about the speedy style?

chicaboo

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
Hi there! I'm posting this thread for educational benefit on my part. I noticed in reading another thread that a lot of you are fans of the speedy. So I was just curious - what's so great about that style? I had a MC speedy in black that was so heavy I decided to sell it. I haven't had experience with any other speedy bag but am actually considering it due to it's popularity. Please enlighten this country bumpkin on the great merits of the speedy! :smile:

I have a speedy 25 and I just adore it. It's very lightweight and it holds a ton despite it's size. I love that it's handheld and I love that its just a classic, iconic bag that never will never go out of style.

I was never a fan of Speedy's. In fact I got my first LV in 1999 and didn't get my first Speedy until 12/2005 when my hubby bought a mono 25 for me for Xmas. I since got myself a Damier 25 this past Xmas.

What sold me was how classic the Speedy looked, its durbaility, and the amt. that it can hold. The Speedy also looks great with dressy clothes as well as casual clothes.

The only con for me is that I am shoulder bag kind of a gal and the Speedy often hurts my arm when I try to carry it there.

Other than that no complaints. I am def. a Speedy fan now and one day hope to add an Azur and Mini Lin to my collection.

What sold me was how classic the Speedy looked, its durbaility, and the amt. that it can hold. The Speedy also looks great with dressy clothes as well as casual clothes.
ITA! I love my mono speedy 25 because I can wear it with jeans AND wear it with nicer, dressier clothes. Very versatile bag.

I love the classic shape, the lightness, large capacity. Just think it is a really elegant & timeless bag. I have the Mono, the MC in black & white and the damier Azur & thinking about the black patchwork denim :smile:

IMO, it's a classy style and goes with everything..I personally love them, especially since it was the first style my mom ever got when I was little, which I now have and carry myself.

I have the speedy 30 mono. I got it 3 months ago and I use it almost everyday. I love how it's a large bag and holds so many things. It's not a fancy design so it fits my everyday wear. It's basic and will never be out of style.

I also think that it's a bag that looks great on everybody who carries it! I see women in their 70s and teenagers both carrying the speedy and it looks fantastic on both generations. There aren't too many bags that span generations like that.

It is one of the most classic and classy designs for a handbag and has withstood the test of time. It looks great with any outfit and has an amazing carrying capacity.

Its only negative is that it is a hand/arm bag, but despite the convenience of a shoulder bag, a handbag is really the most classic style. I haven't seen one I didn't like!