What's on Your Wishlist for 2016 Holiday Season?

Malachite yellow gold vintage Alhambra single pendant. I want one so much! I tried on the magic size when the vintage wasn't available yet and I even tought of special ordering one. The magic is beautiful but the size is not for everyday for me.
I already have yellow gold onyx, I wonder if it would be too similar to get the malachite also...

Reactions: sbelle
Ok.... I know I already said that the cosmos onyx with diamonds earrings were on my wishlist, but just in case Santa can't find them, I am thinking I would ok to see some grey mother of pearl rose de noel earrings under the tree.:lol:

I can't believe I am saying that because they have never interested me before. Texasgirliegirl has talked a bit about liking the rose de noel pieces, so when I was at a boutique a few weeks ago I tried on the small size grey mop. I have to say I like them. They are so different from anything out there! Even the small aren't really small, but I think I could really love these.

These are the ones I saw
468357.png.adapt.875.875_zpsl44xvdv1.jpg

I tried to find some modeling pictures of the small but I think these are all mediums

product-504919-van_cleef_arpels_rose_de_no_l_earrings_in_18k-1-02012016124255-610x459_zpsg0uyzie0.jpg

587734e78f5e09b335d34b89b2a11eb6_zps6svogogs.jpg

vg-tartanpicnic-01-0409-07-3461826_0x440_zps5skh7sdr.jpg

vera-farmiga-and-costume-institute-gala-gallery_zpsqeqvhvn5.jpg

And these look like large ones -- which would be way too much for me!

8672005964_3062b377c9_c_zps5jz2difo.jpg

Ok.... I know I already said that the cosmos onyx with diamonds earrings were on my wishlist, but just in case Santa can't find them, I am thinking I would ok to see some grey mother of pearl rose de noel earrings under the tree.:lol:

I can't believe I am saying that because they have never interested me before. Texasgirliegirl has talked a bit about liking the rose de noel pieces, so when I was at a boutique a few weeks ago I tried on the small size grey mop. I have to say I like them. They are so different from anything out there! Even the small aren't really small, but I think I could really love these.

These are the ones I saw

I tried to find some modeling pictures of the small but I think these are all mediums

product-504919-van_cleef_arpels_rose_de_no_l_earrings_in_18k-1-02012016124255-610x459_zpsg0uyzie0.jpg

sbelle, I believe the top 2 modelling photos are the small sizes. If you compare between the sizes, smalls have scrawnier petals compared to the mediums which are fuller. :lol: (Check out the brooches worn by the models.) The small sized earrings are huge. I can't carry them off. :sweatdrop:

sbelle, I believe the top 2 modelling photos are the small sizes. If you compare between the sizes, smalls have scrawnier petals compared to the mediums which are fuller. :lol: (Check out the brooches worn by the models.) The small sized earrings are huge. I can't carry them off. :sweatdrop:

These are the ones I saw

Sbelle, you need something from this collection.

You absolutely could be right. It is very hard for me to tell from the pictures. This first picture is from Beladora.com

and they say the retail on these is $30,300 which is close to the retail that VCA shows for the grey mop mediums ($31,400), so I thought they must be the medium. But it is totally possible they don't know what they have. I based my guesses of size of the others based how they looked compared to that Beladora pair.

And you are right, even the small size are not small at all. Before I put them on I thought I couldn't carry them off either, but I think I could. It would take a little time to get used to them though because I don't wear big earrings ever.

Sbelle, you need something from this collection.
lol --I didn't think so until I tried them on. I was surprised how much I liked them. I've told you before though that i think my kids would make fun of them. :lol:

ETA:

I am not always the best in noting differences (remember when they changed the all yellow gold vintage alhambra design? I had and still have trouble telling the difference between the "old" and the "new") , but these are the pictures of the small size from the VCA website. And they don't look the same to me -- is it just me?

Look at the small white mop vs small carnelian -- I think the petals look different. To me there is space between all the petals of the carnelian, but on the white mop, there isn't the same spacing. Is it me? Is it that the color makes them look different? Or does VCA have the wrong pictures up ?

1445862.png.adapt.875.875_zpsovnulmhd.jpg

1019506.png.adapt.875.875_zpspvmngtw1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: doloresmia
You absolutely could be right. It is very hard for me to tell from the pictures. This first picture is from Beladora.com

and they say the retail on these is $30,300 which is close to the retail that VCA shows for the grey mop mediums ($31,400), so I thought they must be the medium. But it is totally possible they don't know what they have. I based my guesses of size of the others based how they looked compared to that Beladora pair.

And you are right, even the small size are not small at all. Before I put them on I thought I couldn't carry them off either, but I think I could. It would take a little time to get used to them though because I don't wear big earrings ever.

lol --I didn't think so until I tried them on. I was surprised how much I liked them. I've told you before though that i think my kids would make fun of them. :lol:

ETA:

I am not always the best in noting differences (remember when they changed the all yellow gold vintage alhambra design? I had and still have trouble telling the difference between the "old" and the "new") , but these are the pictures of the small size from the VCA website. And they don't look the same to me -- is it just me?

Look at the small white mop vs small carnelian -- I think the petals look different. To me there is space between all the petals of the carnelian, but on the white mop, there isn't the same spacing. Is it me? Is it that the color makes them look different? Or does VCA have the wrong pictures up ?

I think the white mop and the carnelian earrings are the same size. The differences could be attributed to the fact that they are handmade/set. The carnelian pair is brand new. There is also a lapis brooch that is new.
My husband refers to the RdN that I pine for as the "granny pin" so I can relate to why you feel that your kids might make fun of these earrings.
I prefer the small earrings and the medium brooch, The proportions just seem better IMO.

ETA:

It could be the degree of overlap between the petals. Small sizes have narrow petals that hardly overlap. Sharp notches at the tips.
There is some overlap of the petals with the medium size. Petals are fuller.
Large sizes have lush petals with rounded notches at the tips.
I've been...err 'studying' these pieces [emoji38]. Babbling too much. Shall stop now.

I think the white mop and the carnelian earrings are the same size. The differences could be attributed to the fact that they are handmade/set. The carnelian pair is brand new. There is also a lapis brooch that is new.
My husband refers to the RdN that I pine for as the "granny pin" so I can relate to why you feel that your kids might make fun of these earrings.
I prefer the small earrings and the medium brooch, The proportions just seem better IMO.

I would love a granny pin some day!