What's on Your Gucci Wishlist for 2023?

I'm a little late to the party but Id say my top choices currently are:
- Blondie shoulder bag - love the hardware logo and chain but can't decide on a color. I wanted the blue suede last year but it sold out. I bought the boots in the blue suede to see the color but returned to saks. Saw in a light blue leather at gucci boutique in saks last week which was pretty just not sure i would use that color much. Interestly enough, I've been lusting after a fendigraphy bag but also can't decide on a color and their light blue was the color that sold out. Green also interesting but i just bought 2 green bags.
- Matelasse small bag in light pink - i love this but I'm always drawn to light pink bags and as a result have several so not sure how many similar light pink bags one needs although i do think the stitching on this makes it different
- saw 2 Marmont belts i liked with light pink GG logo in what seemed like a hard plastic (not sure) instead of metal for buckle but couldn't decide between the all light pink leather or white coated canvas with pink buckle. I really want both of them lol

Didn't realize until writing this post how indecisive I'm feeling lately about color when color usually my dominant buying motive! Anyway, here are pics of the items i mentioned. View attachment 5766540View attachment 5766541View attachment 5766542View attachment 5766543

I like the Blondie Small, the chain alone is stunning.

Only buy any bag as a standalone piece. If you love the light blue get it because (as you pointed out) these are selling out. I also missed out n the blue suede (in Med) last year and though I'm really happy my very special green hair-calf/studded strap version it cost me almost £1K more than when I was first offered the blue suede. I think there is a dark blue version this season too (not sure in the Small).

The Fendigraphy has too much metal and has a very trendy silhouette/style. At least with the Gucci, it can be worn 3 ways, including for evening.

I like the pink/pink belt

I'm a little late to the party but Id say my top choices currently are:
- Blondie shoulder bag - love the hardware logo and chain but can't decide on a color. I wanted the blue suede last year but it sold out. I bought the boots in the blue suede to see the color but returned to saks. Saw in a light blue leather at gucci boutique in saks last week which was pretty just not sure i would use that color much. Interestly enough, I've been lusting after a fendigraphy bag but also can't decide on a color and their light blue was the color that sold out. Green also interesting but i just bought 2 green bags.
- Matelasse small bag in light pink - i love this but I'm always drawn to light pink bags and as a result have several so not sure how many similar light pink bags one needs although i do think the stitching on this makes it different
- saw 2 Marmont belts i liked with light pink GG logo in what seemed like a hard plastic (not sure) instead of metal for buckle but couldn't decide between the all light pink leather or white coated canvas with pink buckle. I really want both of them lol

Didn't realize until writing this post how indecisive I'm feeling lately about color when color usually my dominant buying motive! Anyway, here are pics of the items i mentioned. View attachment 5766540View attachment 5766541View attachment 5766542View attachment 5766543
I feel like that metalesse is not long for this world. I would snap it up soon if it’s important to you.

I like the Blondie Small, the chain alone is stunning.

Only buy any bag as a standalone piece. If you love the light blue get it because (as you pointed out) these are selling out. I also missed out n the blue suede (in Med) last year and though I'm really happy my very special green hair-calf/studded strap version it cost me almost £1K more than when I was first offered the blue suede. I think there is a dark blue version this season too (not sure in the Small).

The Fendigraphy has too much metal and has a very trendy silhouette/style. At least with the Gucci, it can be worn 3 ways, including for evening.

I like the pink/pink belt
Thanks for your input. I'm not rushing out to get any of these as i just did some major damage on 2 prada bags and a pair of givency boots, sweater and necklace. Oh and a pair of gucci snow boots the reversible gucci cape (even though it doesn't get cold where i live, i couldn't resist). I think i will eventually get one of the blondie bags AND the fendigraphy, as i know its trendy but still love it!

• Haha
Reactions: papertiger
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, so please remove if not. However, I'm wondering if ordering on Gucci.com will give you a client history? Is it better that I begin my client history in store instead of ordering online? I'm looking to purchase my first Gucci bag sometime this year and was wondering how I can build proper client rapport with them!

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, so please remove if not. However, I'm wondering if ordering on Gucci.com will give you a client history? Is it better that I begin my client history in store instead of ordering online? I'm looking to purchase my first Gucci bag sometime this year and was wondering how I can build proper client rapport with them!
Do you not live near a boutique? If you do, I’m still kind of a newb, but I’d head in and see if there’s anyone you click with and get their contact info. More seasoned folks might have better advice. The main perks of getting to know an SA is that the shopping experience is more fun/personal/luxurious IMO, unless you are a VIP and looking for hard to get items.

Do you not live near a boutique? If you do, I’m still kind of a newb, but I’d head in and see if there’s anyone you click with and get their contact info. More seasoned folks might have better advice. The main perks of getting to know an SA is that the shopping experience is more fun/personal/luxurious IMO, unless you are a VIP and looking for hard to get items.
Yes, I do have a store near me but I haven't really found anyone I clicked with yet. And I'm not planning to purchase something more than 1x per year, so not sure if it's possible to form a relationship with an SA. As you can tell, I'm not sure how the etiquette works haha

I don't know what you have now in your collection, or what your expectations are, but I don't think I've bought anything other than Gucci apart from Hermes for years. It was my H that's had to go back for repairs.
I am so glad I rediscovered Gucci via your Aphrodite! I had been buying mostly H for several years but realized a while back that none of the newer styles have excited me. And, given lifestyle changes, etc., my earlier favorite size/style combos were really over-represented in my collection. But where to go instead?

I have been so impressed with the quality and coloring, which H is so good at and I thought would be difficult to even approach. Nice surprise! Also for the price point IMO Gucci beats the pants off of the non-H French houses in terms of quality.

I'm looking forward to seeing what new goodies come out in the next few months. A great rejiggering is going on and I will likely need to find a new thing or three to fill in newly empty bag shelf space.