What’s on your for-sure, longterm jewelry wishlist?

Someone notti here introduced me to Boucheron (you know who you are). So that’s something I’m keen to look at. Somehow I’m done with Cartier (and absolutely loving what I own), still stuck with Bvlgari, but ready to explore others.

This is what I am stuck with. Stuck because I’m asking myself if it’s worth that price point which I can’t wear daily ha! But it’s a fine keeper if I unsee other facts.
880F33B1-E556-47E1-BEFE-FFAE35F1BFBA.jpeg

(There was delivery going on lol).

I'm thinking about getting a small Cartier Panthere, but deciding between the SS, two-tone and gold, which are all very different. I already have a two-tone small Tank Francaise, but don't care if they look similar as I love the Panthere model. :love:

Reactions: lill_canele
Yesterday I spent the day in Harrods..I tried on diamond bracelets-but have 3 South Sea pearl bracelets and prefer wearing one of those tbh although I don’t wear any other pearls -a diamond RH ring and diamond earrings.

The ring was no better although more expensive than the rings I already own, I only own 2 pairs of earrings , so did some other shopping and will do a bespoke order for earrings which I’ll collect next time I go to London.

I just wish I’d bought them whilst I’d been working in Bond Street as I’d have bought a pair which now will never be in my reach..(large, blue and heart shaped)- although life is too short for regrets..

Reactions: lill_canele
Revised
Blue sapphire ring - oval three stone round sides or vintage style halo
Ruby ring - cushion three stone round sides
Pink sapphire ring - round three stone either round or pear sides
Emerald ring - alt diamond/emerald band

Glad to now have everyday silver studs as well a lovely pair of diamond studs gifted to me. Came across a dainty vintage rhr of my mother’s that I look forward to wearing once replated.
Revising to add looking for a moderately priced piece to match a beautiful pair of flat Pearl stud earrings my grandmother gifted me!

Reactions: cecchetti
Update:

1) TENNIS NECKLACE.

I am OBSESSED. Not sure when that is going to happen or what style, but I really really want this now.

I'd like a subtle one--that sort of fits right around the top of my tee-shirt necklines.

A casual sort of "Oh, *this* old thing?" vibe....

I'm looking at Rachie Shnay along with everyone else here, lol!

1) TENNIS BRACELET

I decided I wanted something I could see when I wore it--and decided to get a tennis bracelet, inspired by the lovely @Onebagtoomany

This is on order.

I'd still like a tennis necklace, but I got really frustrated with "no return" policies and 14k not 18k and it got to be overwhelming, so I bailed on the necklace for now.

2) Cartier Love Cuff - eventually

3) South Seas Pearls - don't need to be designer, perfectly round, or super $$$.

The ones I was stalking are sold out, so I am hoping they come back.

They came back! I ordered them!!!

4) I still really want these earrings:

www.fortnumandmason.com

Kiki McDonough Blue Topaz & Diamond Pearl Drop Earrings

Exclusive to Fortnum & Mason, Kiki McDonough's Pearl Drop Earrings are set in 18ct white gold with a blue topaz stud, surrounded by diamonds. Shop Jewellery.
www.fortnumandmason.com
www.fortnumandmason.com

Other than that, I'm enjoying what I have...

Update:

1) TENNIS NECKLACE.

I am OBSESSED. Not sure when that is going to happen or what style, but I really really want this now.

I'd like a subtle one--that sort of fits right around the top of my tee-shirt necklines.

A casual sort of "Oh, *this* old thing?" vibe....

I'm looking at Rachie Shnay along with everyone else here, lol!

1) TENNIS BRACELET

I decided I wanted something I could see when I wore it--and decided to get a tennis bracelet, inspired by the lovely @Onebagtoomany

This is on order.

I'd still like a tennis necklace, but I got really frustrated with "no return" policies and 14k not 18k and it got to be overwhelming, so I bailed on the necklace for now.

2) Cartier Love Cuff - eventually

3) South Seas Pearls - don't need to be designer, perfectly round, or super $$$.

The ones I was stalking are sold out, so I am hoping they come back.

They came back! I ordered them!!!

4) I still really want these earrings:

www.fortnumandmason.com

Kiki McDonough Blue Topaz & Diamond Pearl Drop Earrings

Exclusive to Fortnum & Mason, Kiki McDonough's Pearl Drop Earrings are set in 18ct white gold with a blue topaz stud, surrounded by diamonds. Shop Jewellery.
www.fortnumandmason.com
www.fortnumandmason.com

Other than that, I'm enjoying what I have...
Stunning earrings! I hope you get them soon
I would like a wg necklace but not a pendant, so I'm not sure what exactly I want.
Other than that I would love a beautiful lapis necklace, the kind with a lot of gold flecks and a deep rich blue.

Reactions: lilndc
Maybe this all comes down to me not even understanding how something becomes a “holy grail.” Is it based around price? Does HG mean it’s definitive that you’ll buy it? Or does it mean that you’re not certain you’re going to buy it? Or does it mean that the reason you haven’t bought it is because of scarcity as opposed to finances? I just feel confused about how people even know what counts as a holy grail. :facepalm: It’s a term I really didn’t give much thought until I joined this forum, so I feel like my understanding of HGs is limited.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this interesting question; "Holy Grail" by definition is something that you really want, with a difficult road to achieving. Whether the difficulty is due to lack of finances or scarcity doesn't matter.

In which case, if you have infinite money and are well-connected, perhaps no material things would be considered a "Holy Grail" as there's no difficulty involved.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this interesting question; "Holy Grail" by definition is something that you really want, with a difficult road to achieving. Whether the difficulty is due to lack of finances or scarcity doesn't matter.

In which case, if you have infinite money and are well-connected, perhaps no material things would be considered a "Holy Grail" as there's no difficulty involved.

I agree with this sentiment. I know a person who is the son of a billionaire, born into generational wealth. In terms of purchasing power, nothing is impossible for him. Super cars, 15 carat diamond rings, private jets, all are at his disposal and within reach. He has no concept or understanding of "Holy Grail" because it is obtainable to him.
Perhaps the closest would be buying a very very rare limited edition super car, but that's just based on how much he's willing to spend. And knowing that someone in his family has 2 La Ferraris' and a Koenigsegg I don't think it's impossible for him, just tricky to source or at this point, persuading someone to sell it to him. :P
Dropping $70,000 USD a month is no biggie for him. I went shopping with him one time and I will say, I definitely lived vicariously through him that day. :lol:

Hi everyone, I have never posted anything in this section of the forum. It's so much fun seeing everyone's wish list and HG :biggrin:

I have been into fine jewelry over the past 2 years or so and my favorite thing to do is organizing my wish list that keeps changing. So here goes:

Short-term wish list (1-2 years) that will be crossed off with high certainty:
- VCA 5-motif alhambra bracelet in MOP (planning to stack this with my JUC. I feel the sweetness of the Alhambra design will soften the industrial look of the JUC in the best way possible)
- VCA vintage/magic earrings in MOP (I have dark hair and pale skin so the MOP would pop so nicely against my complexion)
- a diamond eternity ring (oval cut, 0.25 ct each). I have a huge finger size (size 8 ring finger (or 58 in Cartier) and probably size 9/10 index finger. I live in Asia so not sure about the international/US sizing standard). Planning to get the ring to wear on my index finger so total carat weight might be ~5 ct? *sigh. I am really envious of people with slender fingers

Long-term wish list
- a 2.5 - 3 ct emerald cut diamond solitaire (still mulling over the option of natural vs lab-grown diamond. If i am going the natural diamond route, it will be a long-term wish list -- a big wedding anniversary perhaps. But if I decide on the lab-grown version, this item would certainly get bumped up in terms of timeline).
- Cartier love bracelet in WG with 4 diamonds -- would probably get this to celebrate a work milestone (i.e., a big promotion)

Maybe list (which might turn out to be a string of impulsive buys in the next 2-4 years)
- VCA malachite pendant (vintage size)
- VCA malachite earrings (vintage size)
- VCA 5 motif alhambra bracelet in WG guilloche or any 5-motif bracelet in white gold (would love to get my hands on the 5 motif onyx bracelet in WG but if it's a special order, it's a slim chance for me)

Thanks for letting me share :smile:

Updated wishlist:

- Bvglari serpenti white gold full diamond bracelet: definitely still here lol
- Cartier trinity small: got to try on the small vs regular. both looked great but small was a little more comfortable and my husband likes the small better lol.

Brands that I am interested in:
- Graff
- Chaumet
- Boucheron
- Buccellati

Unfortunately (1st world problem lol), I think I'll have to hold off on buying on my wish list or any new brands this year or next year (though very happy to explore and try on pieces). I got offered a constance a few months ago and kelly touch yesterday and while I said no to both, that tells me that my dream quota bag is probably coming sometime in the near future. And if so, I'll be on ban island for the rest of the year haha. :lol:

Updated wishlist:

- Bvglari serpenti white gold full diamond bracelet: definitely still here lol
- Cartier trinity small: got to try on the small vs regular. both looked great but small was a little more comfortable and my husband likes the small better lol.

Brands that I am interested in:
- Graff
- Chaumet
- Boucheron
- Buccellati

Unfortunately (1st world problem lol), I think I'll have to hold off on buying on my wish list or any new brands this year or next year (though very happy to explore and try on pieces). I got offered a constance a few months ago and kelly touch yesterday and while I said no to both, that tells me that my dream quota bag is probably coming sometime in the near future. And if so, I'll be on ban island for the rest of the year haha. :lol:
Oooh that's very exciting, I hope it comes soon!