What's next... coco handle or business affinity?

Freetofly

Jul 16, 2016
I'm thinking of getting a new bag that I can wear for everyday errands. I'd like it to fit a bit more than a WOC or mini reissue, but not as heavy as a jumbo. I'm currently debating between a medium coco handle or a medium business affinity. Which would you choose and why please? Can someone tell me about their experiences of wear and tear on either please?

Unpopular opinion - I’m not a fan of the coco handle. The handle is too stiff and I just don’t think the shape is as attractive as other bags Chanel has to offer. On the other hand, it is more versatile than the BA and can be worn to dinners/evening if you get the mini size. If you don’t have any fancier bags and you like the style of the coco, I’d say go for that one. But BA is fun, casual and a different shape for Chanel so I personally would pick that

I got the BA and Coco, kept the BA and sold the Coco and then ultimately decided I didn't like the BA and preferred the Coco. The Coco was made better, it just felt like better construction.

I have both but prefer the Coco, cause it’s cuter. BA is very causal, after a week it got boring. Coco you can wear it cross body or after work take the strap off and use it for dinner with friends. Nice to have both though in my collection lol

I have both in the medium size and use my BA more for every day use then my Coco. The handle of the coco makes it a little diffficult to wear it crossbody. The wear on the bags are the same. I have both bags for a little over a year now and I baby my bags (maybe a little too much), but already is corner wear showing on both bags.
So, because that corner wear made me a little sick to my stomach (seriously, such expensive bags and already wear when normal use :sad:) I bought a Deauville as my everyday bag.

I absolutely love Chanel but the wear on the bags kinda makes me sad.

I bought a coco for my mother in law last year, it ended up sitting for my closet for months... after looking at it everyday for months, I do not think it is my style after all...
Just got BA for myself last month, I love it. I think it is the perfect bag in perfect beige for me. I would not change it for 20A beige coco.

another thing to note is medium coco is much bigger than a medium BA...

Based on looks and construction the coco handle is a lovely bag. I don't own a CCH as you can't crossbody this bag. In addition, corner wear will become an issue unless this doesn't bother you. However, for an everyday bag, I would choose the business affinity. I don't own the business affinity either due to the long strap drop. You can crossbody but shoulder carry, I find it too long.

Based on looks and construction the coco handle is a lovely bag. I don't own a CCH as you can't crossbody this bag. In addition, corner wear will become an issue unless this doesn't bother you. However, for an everyday bag, I would choose the business affinity. I don't own the business affinity either due to the long strap drop. You can crossbody but shoulder carry, I find it too long.
Yeah you remind me that the biggest pro of BA is cross body, I need my hands free