What's most expensive handbag mistake??

My biggest mistake (aside from buying a fake which I've discussed on another thread) was buying a Betsey Johnson "The Good Girl". I ordered it online from Nordstrom's and the description and the pictures led me to believe it would be a great bag for me. Well, it's huge and I mean huge, at least by my standards. I can't use it for everyday. I have to use it for an overnight bag. I look silly carrying it for a handbag.

I have made many handbag mistakes. When I first started buying expensive bags, I would buy "gently used" LV bags on eBay that almost always turned out either smelly or "not-so-gently abused." Couple that with buying styles that didn't quite fit my needs, or mid-range bags that I thought were great bargains, and I ended up pissing away about two thousand dollars. I did get some of my money back when I resold some of the bags, but most just end up in my closet, unused.

My biggest mistake (aside from buying a fake which I've discussed on another thread) was buying a Betsey Johnson "The Good Girl". I ordered it online from Nordstrom's and the description and the pictures led me to believe it would be a great bag for me. Well, it's huge and I mean huge, at least by my standards. I can't use it for everyday. I have to use it for an overnight bag. I look silly carrying it for a handbag.

Didn't you see the measurements? lol :shrugs:

Or was it just a personal preference?

Juicebox - I did see the measurements. That's why my mistake was so pathetic. You'd think I'd have known better, but I obviously didn't think this purchase through.

Live and learn. :noggin:

A Gucci horsebit hobo from Ebay. Worst mistake ever. Paid so much for it and it turned out to be fake. It was my first handbag transaction from ebay. After receiving the ugly thing I vowed never to buy another Gucci handbag over the internet ever again, unless it was from the actual site.

Oh boy, quite a few!
I bought several LV and Balenciagas and one Chanel that either the style or color just didn't work. I returned a few (Whew!) and sold the rest but always lost at least a hundred bucks on each (stupid ebay/paypal fees!)

I think it's also buying a lot of mid-range bags and then selling them on ebay for a fraction of the original cost.

Also, maybe buying a bunch of second hand LV. Not sure if it's a mistake yet. I have yet to use two of the bags, though they're beautiful, and I keep wishing one of my bags was new, though I'm not sure if I would like it better if it was new.

So funny because I also bought the "chain reaction" bag by Betsey.....I really do like the bag and get TONS of compliments.....but it really is too big for me. The chains are cool but also make the bag heavy if you put alot of stuff in it. Oh well....live and learn.

anne

I haven't made one huge mistake yet..at least not that I can think of. Just the same as most others, buying lots of midrange bags that don't get used often.

I normally buy Koobas but saw a lovely, detailed Isabella Fiore Sidney Chutes and Ladders satchel in black....and just had to have it. Why did I not notice this handbag is HUGE, over 17" across and more like an overnight bag. While it would be great for a big purse kinda girl, it just was too big for me.

It goes up on Ebay next week, unless someone here is interested. *s

Live and learn.

Sigh, a lavendar Luella Giselle bag in the large size.

I paid $600 for it and now have it up on ebay for $99 :Push:

It's really the color: it lasted about a season and now it's soooo-soooo-lilac!!