What's in your swinfpack and packing tips?

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
I have been having a love/hate relationship here recently since I have been carrying a swingpack out of necessity. I am wondering if there are any "tips" from you wonderful TPF'rs on how to pack them.. Also do you put fobs or scarfs on your swingpacks to decorate them? If you can please post pics of how you pack them and of how you decorate them so I can get some great ideas please! . Thanks :biggrin:

I use a slim profile wallet since I usually carry a checkbook wallet. Also, I usually take my "necessities" out of their pouches/wristlets since that arrangement takes up too much room in a swingpack. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

bagsamillion said:
I use a slim profile wallet since I usually carry a checkbook wallet. Also, I usually take my "necessities" out of their pouches/wristlets since that arrangement takes up too much room in a swingpack. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

Does the wallet poke out the top of your swingpack? I have a slim poppy wallet and it pokes out. I am just not smart on ways to utilize the space right or finding something that I feel works well :sad: It seems sooo long but it's not long enough for the wallet. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread :smile:

I use a wristlet instead of a wallet in my swingpack, which helps with the space issue. I just kind of stack everything in front to back and then slip my sunglasses and keys down the side (I have one of the wider Madison swingpacks so there's a bit more room too).

Here is a picture of the swingback I used on vacation. She holds a lot more than she looks like she would. I hope that helps.

e4e54259.jpg

a741623f.jpg

When I want a small, light-weight hands-free crossbody bag that holds a lot I use my black/black sig groovy. I am always amazed at how much that compact little bag can hold!

But when I want to carry a swingpack that holds and organizes the essentials, I use my Kristin Crossbody with the built-in wallet.

I do use fobs decorate both bags. Below are picks of the Kristin crossbody decorated and loaded. It's on sale right now on the factory online sale.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/pics-of-kristin-crossbody-decorated-and-loaded-682593.html

bevie125 said:
Here is a picture of the swingback I used on vacation. She holds a lot more than she looks like she would. I hope that helps.

Very pretty. Your swingpack seems like it would be easier to place your items in because it is not so tall and skinny like mine.

I have 2 swingpacks, one like your and one like the above poster.
I use a cardholder for just my necessary cards, I put my sunglasses in a fabric pouch (instead of the big hard case), my phone goes in the outside pocket close to my body (so I can feel if it vibrates) and my lip gloss goes in the outside pocket. I pack lightly when I use the swingpack.

I had to share my kitty Hannah, she has been so intently watching me with my swingpack. She finally just got exhausted watching me try to fit everything in it and gave up! Lol :smile:

image-3061171762.jpg

Does the wallet poke out the top of your swingpack? I have a slim poppy wallet and it pokes out. I am just not smart on ways to utilize the space right or finding something that I feel works well :sad: It seems sooo long but it's not long enough for the wallet. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread :smile:

No problem! I don't have the problem that my wallet pokes out the top of the swingpack, but it just barely fits. If there's anything between the end of the wallet and the bottom of the bag, it doesn't fit. Do you have a more square wallet or wristlet you could use?

I guess since I started the thread I should post a picture of my swingpack. I wish it had a little more depth then it would be perfect.

My swingpack is this same shape, and I also think it would be better with more depth. I can sort-of get away with overstuffing it since it is a signature fabric rather than leather.

I had to share my kitty Hannah, she has been so intently watching me with my swingpack. She finally just got exhausted watching me try to fit everything in it and gave up! Lol :smile:

Your cat is too cute! :biggrin:

bagsamillion said:
No problem! I don't have the problem that my wallet pokes out the top of the swingpack, but it just barely fits. If there's anything between the end of the wallet and the bottom of the bag, it doesn't fit. Do you have a more square wallet or wristlet you could use?

My swingpack is this same shape, and I also think it would be better with more depth. I can sort-of get away with overstuffing it since it is a signature fabric rather than leather.

Your cat is too cute! :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile: I have a signature fabric one and I think it is easier to overstuff too. If I overstuff the leather one it looks all kinds of weird. I have a square and a longer wallet and I can get it to work ok in the fabric one but the leather shows everything.

Marlynmik said:
I have 2 swingpacks, one like your and one like the above poster.
I use a cardholder for just my necessary cards, I put my sunglasses in a fabric pouch (instead of the big hard case), my phone goes in the outside pocket close to my body (so I can feel if it vibrates) and my lip gloss goes in the outside pocket. I pack lightly when I use the swingpack.

I am going to look into a card holder! Thanks :smile:

katev said:
When I want a small, light-weight hands-free crossbody bag that holds a lot I use my black/black sig groovy. I am always amazed at how much that compact little bag can hold!

But when I want to carry a swingpack that holds and organizes the essentials, I use my Kristin Crossbody with the built-in wallet.

I do use fobs decorate both bags. Below are picks of the Kristin crossbody decorated and loaded. It's on sale right now on the factory online sale.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/pics-of-kristin-crossbody-decorated-and-loaded-682593.html

I like your crossbody and the place for cards! I will have to look at the sale. I looked already but I must have passed over it.