What's in your G.O.O.D. bag?

invisicat

O.G.
Jul 15, 2006
In Lawrence Block's Burglar books, hero/burglar/crimesolver Bernie has a "Get Out Of Dodge" bag, packed with cash, passports, and a change or two of clothes, just in case he ever has to clear out in a hurry.

While I'm not a burglar, in the light of Hurricane Katrina and other disasters, I do think it's wise to have a G.O.O.D. bag packed in case of an emergency (or even in case of a last minute invitation).

So, I'm curious: what would you put in a G.O.O.D. bag (and which bag would it be)?

I think that is a good idea! You never know. When I was pregnant I had my hospital bag packed for about 5 months "just in case"; I really didn't want to wear the hospital gown with no back and they don't have soap etc. And you need something to read. Now I am going to have to plan a G.O.O.D. bag! (Get out of Dodge, that is to funny).

When hub and I evacuated, we took the dogs, the insurance papers, passports and I think I had one of my LV's... Honestly, it really is a good idea to be better prepared! With Katrina, we left at the last minute!

When I evacuated for Hurricane Rita, I had to leave the majority of my purses behind due to space issues. I had to pack my 3 dogs and cat and then I have TONS and tons of books and journals.
Thank God, Rita ended up making a turn and missed us but I felt sick thinking about all my beautiful handbags, destroyed.
I've often thought about figuring out a way to get them out of the house and away to safety should we have to evacuate and run for our lives again!

To answer the question about the G.O.O.D. bag....
I love this idea.
I already have a small cosmetic bag filled with travel size shampoo, conditioner, gel, deodorant, lotion, toothpaste & toothbrush that I keep packed all the time.
I do this because if I have a last minute overnight trip or something like that, I inevitably forget at least one of those things!
If all else fails, I can at least grab that, toss it into my purse and be clean and smell decent for a few days!