whats in stock at Balenciaga NY???

Egads! Thanks Gumby, I did check it out on atelier's website. I must have blocked it out of my memory! I remember seeing it before, but the name didn't register at all!

Definitely not a fan either! Hopefully, I wont' forget what a non-fan I am! How dreadful!

The Shopping in calcaire? That sounds quite nice... (Or rouge...!)

Does anyone know of any other pictures of the Shopping kicking around aside from those at Atelier's? Did some searches here on the board, but couldn't turn anything up.

jag said:

Now I want one in this color. Argh!

Going back and looking at Loganz's pics, I was completely swept away by the beauty of this color.

I'm not really a fan of pastels, but this color is nice.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go for an ice blue day/hobo, or if I want to wait for another calcaire day/hobo to pop up on eBay. I'm thinking calcaire might be more versatile than ice blue. What do you think?

angstofgumby said:
Now I want one in this color. Argh!

Going back and looking at Loganz's pics, I was completely swept away by the beauty of this color.

I'm not really a fan of pastels, but this color is nice.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go for an ice blue day/hobo, or if I want to wait for another calcaire day/hobo to pop up on eBay. I'm thinking calcaire might be more versatile than ice blue. What do you think?

I have the calcaire hobo - there is a thread in here that I started with pics of it.
I have the ice blue city - as you have seen.
I would love (if money weren't an issue) an ice blue hobo too.
I don't think you can go wrong with either color in the hobo style.

I'd go for the ice blue (and remove the temptation from Bal NY for the rest of us.) :biggrin:

Loganz said:
I have the calcaire hobo - there is a thread in here that I started with pics of it.
I have the ice blue city - as you have seen.
I would love (if money weren't an issue) an ice blue hobo too.
I don't think you can go wrong with either color in the hobo style.

I'd go for the ice blue (and remove the temptation from Bal NY for the rest of us.) :biggrin:

Thanks for the $.02, Loganz. When I went looking for pictures of your ice blue city last night I remembered that there were pictures of the calcaire hobo around somewhere and I ended up running a search on them too. I love both of your bags and both of the colors.

I think I will be able to match more stuff to the calcaire, but the ice blue is so pretty. And maybe I don't need either bag. Tough decision.

angstofgumby said:
Thanks for the $.02, Loganz. When I went looking for pictures of your ice blue city last night I remembered that there were pictures of the calcaire hobo around somewhere and I ended up running a search on them too. I love both of your bags and both of the colors.

I think I will be able to match more stuff to the calcaire, but the ice blue is so pretty. And maybe I don't need either bag. Tough decision.

The ice blue is extremely versatile. I don't do pastels - I can't even tell you - but, the ice blue and the calcaire are this weird smooshy exception. The ice blue really does not seem like a pastel at all - it is odd. The calcaire is actually more of my "dark horse" because in some light it looks PINK - and I can't stand pink. :Push:

I am too in love with the leather on the calcaire and the look of the bag to let it go; but, the ice blue is definitely less of a pastel and suited better to my wardrobe/tastes.

Loganz said:
The ice blue is extremely versatile. I don't do pastels - I can't even tell you - but, the ice blue and the calcaire are this weird smooshy exception. The ice blue really does not seem like a pastel at all - it is odd. The calcaire is actually more of my "dark horse" because in some light it looks PINK - and I can't stand pink. :Push:

I am too in love with the leather on the calcaire and the look of the bag to let it go; but, the ice blue is definitely less of a pastel and suited better to my wardrobe/tastes.

That is extremely helpful information, Loganz. Thank you very much!

Sounds like you and I feel the same way about pastels. Major ick factor for the most part for me.

I have always wondered if the calcaire had some pink undertones. In some pictures it seems really visible. I've never seen the color in person though so I thought perhaps it was just the camera or the lighting that was creating a pink illusion. Every time I see a calcaire bag I'm slightly envious. The leather looks so supple and thick. I think what I was hoping for is more of an ivory or off-white.

Would you wear the ice blue with reds or greens (all shades, but olive and spruce in particular)?

Go for it angstofgumby!!! No matter which one your order, the ice blue is such a beautiful color. I am new to b-bags too, so I can't offer you any advice as to which style bag to get. But, as for color, IMO the ice blue isn't the typical pastel color (which I usually stray from) and reminds me of almost a white with the slightest hint of blue. You could easily wear it with so many colors (I would love it with browns too). And you better post pics so we can drool over your new bag!

angstofgumby said:
Would you wear the ice blue with reds or greens (all shades, but olive and spruce in particular)?

Okay I am going to try to be very honest here -
- The ice blue could be worn with Spruce or other forest green shades.
- olive maybe (i have on an olive hoodie today - and to be truthful the origan would be the only bag that would be right with this hoodie),
- deep blood reds - yes, because they would have a blue-violet undertone,
- bordeaux reds - probably not (game-time decision).

At the same time - I would hesitate to wear the calciare hobo with any of the above-named colors. I reserve the calcaire hobo for black tank or white tank and jeans because to me it becomes less pink-pastel this way.

Loganz said:
Okay I am going to try to be very honest here -
- The ice blue could be worn with Spruce or other forest green shades.
- olive maybe (i have on an olive hoodie today - and to be truthful the origan would be the only bag that would be right with this hoodie),
- deep blood reds - yes, because they would have a blue-violet undertone,
- bordeaux reds - probably not (game-time decision).

At the same time - I would hesitate to wear the calciare hobo with any of the above-named colors. I reserve the calcaire hobo for black tank or white tank and jeans because to me it becomes less pink-pastel this way.

Thanks for the no-holds-barred honesty, Loganz! Your opinions are beginning to make my decision a lot easier. I appreciate it!

Do you know if Balenciaga has ever done an off-white color? All of the whites that I recall seeing from season to season have been pure bright whites.