What's In A Name?

I'm Diana, Goddess of the Hunt (Roman mythology).
(ooh, I LOVE it, sorry for tootin' my own horn) :wlae:

In Greek, she was Artemis. I'll take Diana any day ;) .

Okay this is a little bizarre~ I seriously did not know this until I just looked it up 2 minutes ago.

Fair Phantom....Very weird that I have always gone by ghost...:wtf: and I go by Ghost because I am completely fair complected.
It is also Welsh origin....Which I am!

I have very unusual name... its Nigaar pronounced like Cigar lol its a persian name means beautiful, nice, pretty and its other languages also means artistic sweet heart to be loved the list goes on hehe :biggrin:

My name is Renata and it means reborn. Its origin is italian.
I also have a middle name Leonor which means light in Spanish. (which is weird because I speak spanish and that is not the word for light)

What's funny is that my friends in Canada call me Ren which means arranger in Japanese and my friends in Colombia call me Rena which means Joy in Hebrew.

Never imagined my nicks would have some sort of literal meaning!

My full name is Josephine which according to babynames.com means 'God will increase'. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean?

When I typed in Jo which the name I use all the time (Josephine does not suit me at all!) It just said the meaning was 'Nickname for names starting with Jo' which is a bit boring, it would be cool if it had it's own meaning.

my name doesn't have a meaning... however, it's a variation of Vanessa, so i looked up that name, and this is what i got:

Origin: English
Meaning: Invented by author Jonathan Swift. He arrived at it by rearranging the initial syllables of the first name and surname of Esther Vanhomrigh, his close friend. Vanessa was later used as the name of a genus of butterfly.