What's going on with Longchamp LePliage??? 6 days young and fraying!?

pickle

·rainbows and unicorns·
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
I ordered one from Magnums in fuchsia, on sale. I can't believe that it's already fraying on top by the zipper, and corners are showing beginning of fraying.

My $.99 cent grocery bag has better lasting power. I am so upset...

I wear a soft coat, I don't get it. I only wear it to work, so barely any wear and not to mention 6 days old.

Anyone know what they will say/do?

I dont want it fixed, cause it's clearly poor quality nylon imho, I think it will keep happening. Honestly I think I want to send it back, but it said final sale :sad:

If they stand behind their product at all they should take it back. You should not be stuck with a shoddy bag-----it isn't like you changed your mind.
Did you pay with a credit card? If so what is their buyer protection policy?

I ordered one from Magnums in fuchsia, on sale. I can't believe that it's already fraying on top by the zipper, and corners are showing beginning of fraying.

I wear a soft coat, I don't get it. I only wear it to work, so barely any wear and not to mention 6 days old.

I dont want it fixed, cause it's clearly poor quality nylon imho, I think it will keep happening. Honestly I think I want to send it back, but it said final sale :sad:

Contact the company, by phone, and arrange to send it back. I shop online regularly at my various dot.com discount places and have occasionally received damaged goods and have sent them back although it was stated as a final sale. And the sooner you do it, the better.

Wow thats not right, take it back!! My le pliage is a year and a half old, I abuse it constantly, its gone through the wash, been thrown around, and it still looks brand new and that's how its supposed to be!

Yes, send it back. Tell Magnums your bag is defective.
It shouldn't be fraying like that after 6 days. One of my Pliage has a small holes forming by the corners but that bag is 5 yrs old.

Definitely contact them and tell them you received a defective bag. That should definitely not be happening. I've had no problem with my Le Pliage and it's been months. They should hopefully take it back. I'm sorry and good luck!

So what did you end up doing?

I called Magnums, and they said they'll send to to Longchamp for evaluation, and then replace it I hope. They definitely greed that in 6 days it should not be fraying.

I think Magnums did great, I'm just bummed that Longchamp quality of the LePliage was way below my expectations. I hope they send me a better quality replacement.

I've worn my pliage off and on for two months and there is already a small amount of fraying on two of the corners. I am very careful with my bags, so I am a little disappointed that it started fraying so soon. I read that frayed corners are a common complaint, and that they can be repaired...but I don't think I would get another pliage because of it.

Wow...Le Pliage should be a durable bag...that's why I have 2
The oldest one is 3 years old and I still use it...no fraying or cracking at all

But Long Champ has a good after-sales customer service though. My mom's le pliage was 6 years old and cracked. We brought it to one of the LC store and asked why it happened (figuring it's too old but no harms to ask the SA). They took the bag and checked for its authenticity, and replaced it with the new one with no cost (you can even select the newest color)

Hope this info helps :smile: