What's do you think about Chanel boy goatskin?

poohbag

O.G.
May 6, 2008
I love the Chanel Boys, but after trying them on it seems that proportion is key - the larger sizes look like a diaper bag on me!

Curious if anyone has seen the Chanel Boy goatskin tote on - seems like a lot to spend on just a tote but I'm looking for an everyday Chanel that fits me and my overstuffed life.

http://www.chanel.com/en_HK/fashion...hanel-tote.13K.A67955Y2571194305.sto.boy.html

I really like this tote but I wasn't crazy about the price. It's pretty light and is large but wears comfortably. However I believe it's >4K so that gave me pause. I love the style-it also comes in a beautiful navy color.

grnbri

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks for the input! Trying to find pics of someone wearing the tote- closest chanel store is in Irvine which is over an hour away and riddled with horrendous traffic so I'd like to be sure before making the drive. Anyone have a friendly SA who might be willing to send a pic?

LEF

Oct 22, 2006
I tried on the goatskin small Boy today at Saks in NY. It's pretty and soft, but I didn't get the sense that it would wear/age well. The SA I was working with immediately steered me away from it and recommended the calfskin (I think?) instead. I didn't have a spare $3700 on me, so sadly, I walked away empty handed. Sigh...

grnbri

Jul 27, 2013
Took lulilu's advice- NM had the tote in burgundy but not black. I really really want this! I am a big bag girl, and this is is lightweight and distressed and fits my style well. But I can also see it going on sale later because it's not really classic Chanel, or even trendy Chanel. It seems almost too practical for Chanel - apart from the hefty price tag.

grnbri

Jul 27, 2013
And it came today and I really love it. Tried it on with my other recent purchases and they just pale in comparison. Seems like once you find chanel it's hard to look at other less pricey options but maybe this is all just psychological?

Jan 6, 2008
I LOVE this bag. I love how soft and squishy it is. I love that the colour looks faded in and relaxed. It's a totally different vibe than 90% of all my other Chanels but still is very chic IMO. Best of both worlds.