what's after HG?

Reviving an older thread here, but it's still definitely topical. :smile:

Now that I've had my HG bag(s) for a longer while, I surprisingly find myself being drawn back to the basics very strongly. I still love my HG bags as much as ever but I don't feel the need to search or get another HG. Instead, I would like to get another Speedy B and another NF. Go figure! :amuse:

I had my HG moment with my DE Neverfull and wearing it always makes me happy. For me it's not only the bag that was HG but the memory of the purchase as well. A day out at the Short Hills mall with my DH, a great lunch at Joes Cafe, and then the excitement of walking into the LV Boutique and buying my beautiful Neverfull. I will admit I'm ashamed of myself because with each bag I buy, I too start thinking about the next one I love that would be a great addition. My mother, an avid shopper, once told me that the day you wake up in the morning and there isn't a thing that you are looking forward to buying is the day you die. Well if that's true I'm going to be a happy lady in her 90's with a heck of an LV collection!

I finally got my HG Vernis Brea in Poudre after missing out two years ago. It's a gorgeous, but kinda impractical bag so I still have 2-3 other bags I want to complete my collection. After those, I'll be done with LV for a long time.

The goal of these marketing campaigns, gorgeous stores, and unbelievable displays in the windows is to NEVER let you feel "content" for very long. :smile:
I think there is a pleasure in "wanting" and "lusting" over the next bag... That's almost more exciting than the post purchase rush!

The goal of these marketing campaigns, gorgeous stores, and unbelievable displays in the windows is to NEVER let you feel "content" for very long. :smile:
I think there is a pleasure in "wanting" and "lusting" over the next bag... That's almost more exciting than the post purchase rush!
Exactly!
I know for me its much more fun waiting and planning and researching the next bag I want. Actually buying it is kind of anticlimactic. I lusted after an Empreinte speedy for months and when I finally bought I didnt actually get the fabulous joy. Next day I started thinking, well now I'm going to start saving for my Chanel. I wonder if I bought the wrong bag because I dont feel so excited or its a natural side effect of buying what I wanted and the excitement vanishing. Hate to think I spent 3K and not getting sufficient enjoyment out of it!

Exactly!
I know for me its much more fun waiting and planning and researching the next bag I want. Actually buying it is kind of anticlimactic. I lusted after an Empreinte speedy for months and when I finally bought I didnt actually get the fabulous joy. Next day I started thinking, well now I'm going to start saving for my Chanel. I wonder if I bought the wrong bag because I dont feel so excited or its a natural side effect of buying what I wanted and the excitement vanishing. Hate to think I spent 3K and not getting sufficient enjoyment out of it!

I feel the same and even tried selling my mahina.