What'll you do when LAMB bags get replicated?

vhsethan

O.G.
Jul 18, 2007
I was just browsing Louis Vuitton online and I was thinking how poopy it was that it has been replicated into fakes time after time.
Now, I am sure that LAMB will never develop into Louis but how/what will you feel when LAMB bags do get faked?
Do you think that they will be faked?

One of my favorite things about LAMB is that I know all of the handbags are 100% authentic online. I can trust eBay, ect. for authenticity.

First of all, 'poopy', LOL! Ok now then, i personally don't ever worry about that happening. Maybe i'm just being dumb about it, but i can't picture that happening with them.

I don't think there will be fakes anytime soon, if they were gonna make them I think they would have made rasta and cheetah when they came out (they are getting really fast with getting those fakes out there and on ebay!). I don't really use ebay to buy bags unless it is something that I can't find outside of ebay, so I guess it won't really be a problem for me anyway.

If it ever happens, I'll just avoid ebay and stick to OFF and Nordies and stuff where we know the bags are authentic!

I don't know if it will though, maybe on some of the more expensive lines (the leather love bags and the new even more expensive line coming out). But the signature stuff? Don't you think it would have happened already?

Maybe it's too much hassle to replicate the prints. After all....even those so-called 5-star fakes of bags like the LV Mirage Speedy looked like crap compared to the real thing. Sometimes it's just not cost-efficient for the fakers.

hmmm..
do any of you remember the asti auction that well below retail while it was just out on sales floor couple months back? and then ebay took the listings down/warned buyer to get their money back? i'm wondering whether that's a fake or it's just simply scam..

Maybe it's too much hassle to replicate the prints. After all....even those so-called 5-star fakes of bags like the LV Mirage Speedy looked like crap compared to the real thing. Sometimes it's just not cost-efficient for the fakers.

EXACTLY! That's kind of what I was thinking. LAMB prints are pretty complicated, a lot more than a lot of the other canvas bags out there. Can you imagine them trying to get the criss crossed chains, the little lambs AND the graded colors correct on a rasta bag? That's a lot of work for relatively little return (compared to say, and LV or more lucrative fake).

^ The fakes are actually pretty good about some of the details, but you can still tell by reallllly small things. An example would be the Spring 07 tag...the outline around the silk tag is supposed to be gold and it's green on the fakes. Very slight detail that is hard to see in photos, especially considering a lot of sellers won't picture that part or they steal photos of the real thing.

I would think the higher end bags would get replicated, after all, Coach & Anna Corinna have both been replicated, and they are much lower price points than siggy LAMB.

Well that's true too.....they even replicate Dooney and those are WAY cheaper than Signature LAMB......

I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers cross that these bags continue to fly under the counterfeiters radar!:oh: