What YSL bag will you buy next? YSL-obsessed please enter...

Thanks again. I was searching for that exact thread but I know where to look now. If I get a YSL now, I simply won't be able to get another Celine Trapeze (yet) but I'll survive :P

dear fellow Canadian, I always order online if I know exactly what I want, size, colour etc etc. I save a lot on duties by using parcel forwarding service to Canada (PM me for details, I found the info long time ago on Miu Miu forum, and using it for 3 years now), only Nordstrom will not ship to forwarding services, other sellers do, including YSL.com and YSL boutiques. I call every boutique in the states (list is on YSL website), find my thing and use US address for shipping, they then ship to me. Tjis way you can pick and choose large selection, especially if some SAs are so nice to email you photos of various colours. :graucho:

I have purchased a givenchy Antigona from them before and it was perfect.. I was late in the game and couldn't find the style anywhere in the states or in Canada.. And there it was on farfetch!! They did ship with dhl, and the item showed up from Italy to my door steps in just 3 days!! I only have this one experience, and it was a really pleasant one. There is a thread about farfetch in the "shopping resources" subforum. Perhaps the ladies there could help you out. :smile:

DHL, UPS, FEDEX, they all add additonal brokerage wich adds to the cost a lot, I never use those...PM me for the best Canadian solution we girls managed to find;)

vesna said:
DHL, UPS, FEDEX, they all add additonal brokerage wich adds to the cost a lot, I never use those...PM me for the best Canadian solution we girls managed to find;)

Actually, if you read farfetch's policy, it says that duties etc. are all included and you shouldn't have to pay extra when you receive the package. It's all listed on the website..

You can also consider Erica at ******. You can ask her to declare the item at a lesser value to avoid being ding-ed at customs. She's a great seller although recently I find the prices of her items to be a bit higher..

Actually, if you read farfetch's policy, it says that duties etc. are all included and you shouldn't have to pay extra when you receive the package. It's all listed on the website..

You can also consider Erica at ******. You can ask her to declare the item at a lesser value to avoid being ding-ed at customs. She's a great seller although recently I find the prices of her items to be a bit higher..

I tried, and included in the price means about $100 ...I had best luck with Shopbop so far regarding free DHL, included in price, but they do not have YSL at all

did you get it? It is no patent, I am sure it is the same as my mirror cover, great grainy silver

Hi,
I did get it. I haven't used it yet, I am waiting for a small bag that I preordered. I got this smaller wallet to use in that. Otherwise, I really like the large zip-around size for a wallet.
No, it is not patent, it is a softer leather, I guess you would say grainy. It's cute.

dear fellow Canadian, I always order online if I know exactly what I want, size, colour etc etc. I save a lot on duties by using parcel forwarding service to Canada (PM me for details, I found the info long time ago on Miu Miu forum, and using it for 3 years now), only Nordstrom will not ship to forwarding services, other sellers do, including YSL.com and YSL boutiques. I call every boutique in the states (list is on YSL website), find my thing and use US address for shipping, they then ship to me. Tjis way you can pick and choose large selection, especially if some SAs are so nice to email you photos of various colours. :graucho:

Thanks for your reply. I think I know what you're talking about...I have used The Letter Carrier service in Point Roberts, WA for many years now. I have no issues crossing the border and declaring in full but usually, it's no more than $500. When I declare something close to $2k, I'm sure they won't waive me through anymore! It would be well worth it if the item were on sale in the USA though...then, duty & HST would still be ok.

Hello ladies,

I recently got the black cabas from overstock.com (my first YSL)..what a steal for $1600+ (retail is $2150 at nordstrom http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/yves-sa...in=keywordsearch&fashionColor=&resultback=786)

I need your opinion ladies as I recently discovered celine trapeze (granted that i haven't been able to find the color combo i want available). Then, my long awaited bag, Givenchy Antigona, recently popped up online:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/Gi...cat000008cat365204cat271900&isEditorial=false

Decisions decisions! Apologize for the poor quality pictures

YSL_Black_Cabas_1a.jpg

YSL_Black_Cabas_2a.JPG

Last edited:
I like Celine more than Givenchy (so many similar bags), it is unique, as unique as YSL cabas. Cabas is so special and not like other bags, that, again, it is my choice

Thanks Vesna, I will keep the Cabas since it's very classic. I do agree with Trapeze's uniqueness and hope to own one soon.

I like Celine more than Givenchy (so many similar bags), it is unique, as unique as YSL cabas. Cabas is so special and not like other bags, that, again, it is my choice

Just bought the easy medium in dark blue and I am so in love with it!
My next YSL would be a muse two or a downtown, so many great bags in so many great colors ! I love how YSL manage the colors in leather !

Hoping to get a BDJ or Y clutch in 2013. Fingers crossed. Waiting for an artsy dots ring and may finally pull the trigger on an artsy ring. I've got to round out my small YSL collection now that the good-old days are over lol!

Just got a cabas chyc in sepia & a BDJ clutch. Trying to decide if between a roady or a downtown? Which would be considered a classic?

oh both are amazing bags...depending what you would use more

they are soo different, I use Downtown more because I need large totes for work...roady is beautiful but when not full and heavy, otherwise it is too heavy for the shoulders

you can not go wrong with either one it just depends on what you need